Installing ICE question on Exterior door handle, what am i missing?

SoljahofSensi

Reaction score
Hi guys, need a bit of advice, i'm in the middle of installing some ice in my car. I got the passenger door card off easily, put some speakers on with adapters but took me longer to put back on, was doing by myself had fun with the locking pin and didn't realise until for about a 30 mins some loose foam was stopping all the hooks from hooking on properly.:mad:

Anyway calmed down and got it back on in the end but now my problem is i connected everything up but the exterior door handle doesn't open the door only the interior works, have i missed something or have i disloged something from the door?

*took off and put on again, seems that it does work but needs 2-3 goes to open the door, interior handle is fine*

Last edited:
sounds like you have unclipped the connection on the ext door handle. Door card needs to come off again :sorry:

Cheers Scullies, just edited, tried again and seems to work after 2-3 trys on the handle but not fixed, i don't thnk i did anything different except made sure the hook which connects to the interior handle was clipped to the middle to the door.

Why are you putting ice in the car?!

Or have I entirely missed something?

The exterior door handle has a tab on it which pushes an actuator; VERY easy to break if you are ham fisted removing door internals.

Cheers guys, got it sorted but on the 3rd/4th attempt (i am now an expert at getting the door card on and off), not sure what it was but gonna blame the locking pin and the bit of foam i hope goes with it.

It's taking longer than i'd hoped but i've almost got the passenger side done, can't wait till it's fully done the bose system isn't good enough and my drivers door speaker's buzzing was driving me crazy.

How did u get on? All up and running?

How did u get on? All up and running?

It was all fine in the end thanks, not sure what i did wrong with the door. Audio sounds great, ever since i changed to an after market HU with the bose it was popping/banging when i turned it on or off and u could hear the alternator throught the speakers but that's all gone now.

It all took longer than expected but was well worth it, i now know why i put it off for a year, was nothing like my previous car (which was old) that was simple i did it in about 3-4 hours this took me about 2 days lol. Did it by myself on a budget only spent money on speaker adapters and the wiring kit everything else was off my old cars.

Andymacs sub fitting guide was very useful Cheers Andy! Mdf Adapters are quality also! Wasn't sure if they are meant for a certain side or not but they went on fine.

Few minor things i still need to do like tidy up the amp wiring in the boot and take off pass door panel again :( as i bodged the wiring in a rush on the door tweeter and its not working.

Also still can't decide on what Sub to use my old 15 inch or 12inch. Currently using the 12 as it's in a much smaller box.

Some pics