Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Installing ICE question on Exterior door handle, what am i missing?

Hi guys, need a bit of advice, i'm in the middle of installing some ice in my car. I got the passenger door card off easily, put some speakers on with adapters but took me longer to put back on, was doing by myself had fun with the locking pin and didn't realise until for about a 30 mins some loose foam was stopping all the hooks from hooking on properly.

Anyway calmed down and got it back on in the end but now my problem is i connected everything up but the exterior door handle doesn't open the door only the interior works, have i missed something or have i disloged something from the door?

*took off and put on again, seems that it does work but needs 2-3 goes to open the door, interior handle is fine*
    Last edited by SoljahofSensi; 5th May 2013 at 17:01.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    sounds like you have unclipped the connection on the ext door handle. Door card needs to come off again

Neutral

Status
    Cheers Scullies, just edited, tried again and seems to work after 2-3 trys on the handle but not fixed, i don't thnk i did anything different except made sure the hook which connects to the interior handle was clipped to the middle to the door.

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Why are you putting ice in the car?!

Or have I entirely missed something?

The exterior door handle has a tab on it which pushes an actuator; VERY easy to break if you are ham fisted removing door internals.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers guys, got it sorted but on the 3rd/4th attempt (i am now an expert at getting the door card on and off), not sure what it was but gonna blame the locking pin and the bit of foam i hope goes with it.

It's taking longer than i'd hoped but i've almost got the passenger side done, can't wait till it's fully done the bose system isn't good enough and my drivers door speaker's buzzing was driving me crazy.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Why are you putting ice in the car?!
    ICE = in car entertainment

1st Gear

Status
    How did u get on? All up and running?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stol1975 View Post
    How did u get on? All up and running?

It was all fine in the end thanks, not sure what i did wrong with the door. Audio sounds great, ever since i changed to an after market HU with the bose it was popping/banging when i turned it on or off and u could hear the alternator throught the speakers but that's all gone now.

It all took longer than expected but was well worth it, i now know why i put it off for a year, was nothing like my previous car (which was old) that was simple i did it in about 3-4 hours this took me about 2 days lol. Did it by myself on a budget only spent money on speaker adapters and the wiring kit everything else was off my old cars.

Andymacs sub fitting guide was very useful Cheers Andy! Mdf Adapters are quality also! Wasn't sure if they are meant for a certain side or not but they went on fine.

Few minor things i still need to do like tidy up the amp wiring in the boot and take off pass door panel again as i bodged the wiring in a rush on the door tweeter and its not working.

Also still can't decide on what Sub to use my old 15 inch or 12inch. Currently using the 12 as it's in a much smaller box.

Some pics