Time for a new stereo

amicallef1991

Reaction score
So the time is now to change out my stock stereo. Car is a a3 8l 1.9tdi 130 se 2002.

Its a non bose system and ive been looking through the threads on here to try and get a list of that i need but im lost.

Stereo is

Halfords | Pioneer MVH-350BT Car Media Player

Anyone had any experience with this unit?

Ive already ordered this CT24AU07 Facia Plate for Audi A3 2000> item no
350567933765 which has arrived and is broken! turns out it looks like i need to seat toledo one right?

Ive seen this kit on fleebay. Is this everything i need?

FP-18-00 PC9-404 A3 Car Stereo Fitting kit Fascia + ISO | eBay

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Hi,

Thats look ok, depends what you want from a stereo, i just brought a used Alpine head unit from eBay for £70 delivered, that has built in bluetooth, parrot and iPod controls. (As well as cd, AUX and USB)

Worth shopping around, IMO second hand head units you cant really go wrong with

Dan

Guys,

Im wanting to finally do this so am looking at stereos. Am i correct in thinking that aslong as you have the correct lead to connect the stereo to the car the stereo doesnt really matter?

Is there anything that will break from fitting an after market stereo?

Any recommendations for a checp unit with parrot bluetooth?

Thanks

Guys,

I have bought a stereo which is

I have tried to fit it and im getting no where. I have the usual audi stereo plugs IMAG1444

and these plugs on my stereo

IMAG1446

I have the PC9-401 lead and I have connected the black audi plug to the red 401 plug, the RCAs to the preouts on the stereo, the remote system control (blue and white lead) to the leads with the red 401 plug and out a plug on the 2nd blue and white lead (remote system control) going into the head unit which is plugged into ignition power.

I am still not getting any power to the stereo

anyone know why?

thanks in advance

If you plug in your old stereo, does it power up?

Right,

I got this sorted now so it comes on and keeps its memory.

The only thing that is wrong now is the rear speakers.

Here are some pictures of my wiring;

IMAG1699

IMAG1701

I have turned up all the settings on the headunit and faded all the way to the rear and it is just an inaudible mumble of bass.

It seems the best way is to fade to around 8 of 15 to the rear.

Is this normal or am i doing something wrong guys?

Thanks

The rear speakers run off the amp. What I did was splice the purple and green wires from the adapter onto the original Audi loom (red plug) I can't for the life of me remember the colour of the wires...