Got some proper pics of the 'flying banana'

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I went to a VW meet last night in Northampton, and one of the guys that I have known for a few years took some pictures for me. Just a shame that it had been raining and that the car was dirty LOL

Anyway I am happy with the pics he took (Well I should be as he is almost a pro photographer and has been offered a job by one of the Scottish mags /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Just need to get the front bumper recess sorted now (Being done this coming Wednesday) Then drop it on coil-overs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway here you go:

markbphotoshootnorthampton02.jpg

markbphotoshootnorthampton03.jpg

markbphotoshootnorthampton04.jpg

markbphotoshootnorthampton05.jpg

markbphotoshootnorthampton06.jpg

markbphotoshootnorthampton08.jpg

I know you are probably feed up of seeing pics now, but /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Needs lowering at the back Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Needs lowering at the back Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Looks great Mark! Fro the side, i think the S3 spoiler would have looked good.... Get it blended into the bootlid? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i think the S3 spoiler would have looked good.... Get it blended into the bootlid? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still an option as it's going back into the bodyshop on Wednesday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif It's already sprayed up as well.

I think I'll leave it off and go with the gut feeling though.

looks well mark, wot headlamps are they they look bit different from normal facelift lamps, or is it just the colour of the bulbs

Mark cars looking well, top quality pictures. Would be a shame to waste the spoiler when im crying out for one! If your interested in selling it then let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Mark,

what are you getting done to the number plate thingy? beause it looks pretty good how it is, but would look a whole lot better if the lines followed the lines from the bonnet if that makes sense? You see what I mean in the 2nd pic?

looks good by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

I can't put my finger on it, but something just doesn't look right.

The blended rear bumper makes the rear of the car look huge (i.e. too deep)!

[ QUOTE ]
looks well mark, wot headlamps are they they look bit different from normal facelift lamps, or is it just the colour of the bulbs

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard facelift lamps, but they have got bulbs with a blue tint in them. Which makes them show up as blue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
very nice! if only i could afford to get more done on mine!

great pics too - u know what camera he was using?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers. I like it as it is at the moment, but I am skint or I would do more!

I'll ask him as I have forgotten, but I know it's one of the top of the range SLR's.

I think it's either the Fuji or Nikon.

[ QUOTE ]
Mark cars looking well, top quality pictures. Would be a shame to waste the spoiler when im crying out for one! If your interested in selling it then let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I am hanging onto the spoiler for now as it will be lowered further soon on coil-overs and I'm going to see how it looks, then may be fit it.

[ QUOTE ]
Mark,

what are you getting done to the number plate thingy? beause it looks pretty good how it is, but would look a whole lot better if the lines followed the lines from the bonnet if that makes sense? You see what I mean in the 2nd pic?

looks good by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting them lines totally smoothed out and having the number plate re-located to the bottom grill of the bumper on removable fixings.

Cheers for the comments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how it looks, but I can kind of see what you are saying.

Don't take this the wrong way though, but of all the members I thought you might find something wrong with it.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm I allowed to photoshop it now? :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but what are you going to do? If you are lowering it go for it. Otherwise I want to know first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I don't want more ideas of things to do. Otherwise that will mean spending even more money LOL

[ QUOTE ]
looks very nice but have you sorted out how its going to pass an MOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

What side repeaters? If so it's got some LEDs in the wheel archs, but I am going to drill and put some in the black base of the mirrors.

I tend to agree with Imola S3, but then again, that was what you were planning to achive with the smoothed look. The front looks good but I'd prefer some sort of cut out in the back like the S3 has to compliment the front, maybe even some black mesh if it isnt too fine.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, yeah I see what you mean, it does look a bit fat round the bum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fatback2io.jpg

On the serious side tho, lowered for phatness! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

lowered0au.jpg

SCARY!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

my precious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

markfrodosmall0xl.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

frodo goes dogging lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, yeah I see what you mean, it does look a bit fat round the bum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fatback2io.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

You b*stard it doesn't look like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif LOL

Fancy 'shopping me an S3 rear bumper on?

[ QUOTE ]
On the serious side tho, lowered for phatness! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

lowered0au.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks cool. I know it's got to be done.

[ QUOTE ]
I see ya mate has put some more pics online.

Clicky

SCARY!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's Ian's site.

Scary! What are you trying to say? I know I am not that good looking, but!?!

We were trying out his new remote flash device that was supposed to light up the whole of the interior, but it didn't quite work!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

markfrodosmall0xl.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

frodo goes dogging lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You b*stards!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Only joking LOL

[ QUOTE ]
You b*stard it doesn't look like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Only messin' ya car looks cool.

I'll see what I can do about an S3 bumper for you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only messin' ya car looks cool.

I'll see what I can do about an S3 bumper for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you are messing. Well I hope you are.

If you could have a go with the S3 rear that would be great.

Also how did you manage to find the pics?

Mark, was gonna do the bumper chop tonight but I'm having trouble finding a pic of an s3 dead centre at the rear.

If you can find a pic and post it (preferably a yellow one) then I'll get chopping.

Either that or get me a photo of an S3 and then take a pic of your car from the same angle.

Ta.

[ QUOTE ]
Looking good Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers matey.

I recognise that name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how it looks, but I can kind of see what you are saying.

Don't take this the wrong way though, but of all the members I thought you might find something wrong with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why did you think that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Looks good, the wheels look great and i love the oval tail pipe on the exhaust. What exhaust is it?