Leon cupra r exhaust box on audi a3 1.8t with s3 rear bumper will it fit?

simon_lenard

Reaction score
Hello i have audi a3 1.8t (two intercoolers and k04 turbo, mapped ) and i want to fit s3 rear bumper but as we all know exhaust back box tail pipes are in different place in s3 so today i had an idea to fit leon cupra r exhaust. Firstly i like oval look of that back box pipes and secondly i am hoping it will fit with s3 bumper with just minor modifications am i right? any help appreciated thanks si

just go for it.
no one has answered because no one has done it.

technically a leon has same floor layout as an A3, so should fit. The s3 bumper is the issue, and to be honest with you, A3s with S3 bumpers just looks gash anyway, theyre made for a wider car

That's true it was made for wider car and for that reason I am planning to roll arches to make them wider. I want to change my exhaust as it is too loud and I am hoping that standard Leon one should be ok. As you say I will just go for it and hope for the best lol.

S3 bumpers just looks gash anyway, theyre made for a wider car

what you mean is the ones you have seen look gash!

if you fit them using the A3 original brackets they fit great
they fit crap if you use the S3 brackets as per the guide ;)
I fitted a Milltek system for a Golf MkIV with 4 motion style outlet which is in right place for S3 bumper:uhm:

I think this could look really good, I'm not sure if the tailpipe will line up with the bumper cut out, but the best way of telling will probably be to look at as many pics as you can, and if you can get to an LCR, measure the offset of the exhaust vs the S3 one from centre.

Thanks for that. Bloke near me is breaking cupra r and he said I can have his full exhaust system for 40 quid. None of cupras are 4 wheel drive and by the sound of it only systems from 4 wheel drive cars fit with s3 bumper. Although I am pretty certain Leon cupra r system looks like its closer to the middle of the bumper which theoretically means it should fit. Anyway I will just buy it and let you know

None of cupras are 4 wheel drive and by the sound of it only systems from 4 wheel drive cars fit with s3 bumper.

Just FYI mate, Seat did chuck a 4wd system in the Seat Leon but it was never sold in the UK...

Called a Cupra 4 and I think it has a 2.8 VR6 lump in it

Also the S3 wheelbase is a bit longer, so you will have a larger gap from the back of the tyre to the bumper than the front.