60K cambelt service. Parts required

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I know this has been asked many times before and I have used the search function.

What I would like to know is what other parts should I be replacing at the same time as the cambelt?

The car is a 1998 Audi A3 1.8 T Sport (Engine code AGU)

Is it water pump, bearings, rollers etc...?

Anyone got a full list or part numbers?

Cheers Mark.

I did a write up when I changed mine.

The only thing I didn't replace was the water pump as it was fine.

You can check the condition of the pump if you remove the thermostat, but you might as well replace it if you are in there.

Click meh

Fair play for doing that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif How long did it take you?

when I changed the timing belt on my A3 1.8 NA 1998 it had 93K on it. I bought a water pump, roller bearing for the tensioner and the belt. All three parts looked like new but I was happier to change all three. If you have the time to leave it in bits I guess you could inspect the parts 1st. Took me hours to do! Couldnt get the side engine mounting out without much jacking up and down and pulling and hauling. Plus I tried to remove the large nut holding the bottom pulley on when it didnt need to come off - oops

Took me a day. But that was with a few breaks etc. Taking my time to get it right.

Like Kufu says, the mount is a real pain. I just left it hanging in there and worked around it.

mark pm sent, took me just under 4hours i think to fit everything, bleed cooling system and so on. make sure you top the power steering up with the correct fluid and using the proper antifreeze (G10 i think) looks better than normal blue antifreeze