Limbo's S3.... Never Ending BT Build Thread :)

Limbo did you see the recent discussion on the gtx28? both in here and over on vortex? i know you were interested in one you see.
Basically, whatever you do, DONT get a .86 T25 housing.

are you staying 1.8 or going bigger??

no i havnt seen them, havnt been on here in a while really, got a link to either? :) iv seen on badger5 page on FB that bill mapped an ibiza with a .86 t25 gtx28 an it didnt hit very good figures i dont think, was laggy too! an yes im staying 1.8, iv been messaging bill about his thoughts on what turbo to go to an iv been pointed towards a FP HTA GT2868R they seem to be around the same price as the gtx's too! just not having much luck finding people running these! :/

bit of an update on my build.....

- iv now bought a HTA GT3071 tial exht housing 82a/r .billet comp wheel, v band
-TSR manifold and downpipe
-37mm tial ext wastegate
-rs4 MAF
-all lines for turbo
-4inch TIP setup
-bosch ev 730cc injectors
-forge baffled sump
- AGU HEAD, full supertech valvetrain, full port and polish

just need to buy some forged pistons at 82.5mm standard compression, then i can send the block away to be built, im not strokering the engine this time due to money and time, maybe in the future tho.

yeh karl its his old kit turbo setup, the DP is gunna need a little modifying to fit i think as he had it modified to fit the leon wereas im using a s3.. with the 82. im not going to change it, im sure it would suit better to go smaller for spool but with it having a billet comp wheel im hoping it wont be too bad, also with me having plans in the pipe line for going stroking in a year or two im sure i can learn to drive with abit of lag :) really struggling with money now to get the rest of the build done :/

another update.... finally things have started moving! the block i have stripped (first time on a 1.8!) and been sent to get bored and honed,

few things about the engine.....

- found pieces of metal in the pick up pipe!...
-on one of the piston rings it has broken into alot of small pieces... clearly not right!
-crank and bearings seem to be good condition. but managed to break one of the teeth of the sprocket so ordered a new one of them.

hopefully the bottom is geting rebuilt next week! and the plan is over chrismas put the engine back in! :)

cannot wait!!

been buying alot recently and my room is getting over flowed with parts hah!

heres a list of things iv bought recently

- JE forged pistons 82.5 mm
- hemi 80mm TB
- loads of rebuild gasket bolts etc etc
- forge quickshifter (got it 2nd hand of a forum cheap!)
- apr stud conversion kit
- calico coated main bearings
- standard LUK flywheel
- sachs paddle clutch from bill. im using same setup as bill and others on the clutch..
- managed to get a AGU large port head fully built with supertech valvetrain setup and port and polish only covered 2k too off a forum :)

heres some other pictures from my mates mk2 golf track car 20v me and him are building and also the wales gb rally from were i work :p and a sneaky turbo picture ha

Last edited:
also decided to fit bucket seats now with 3 point harnesses, so im on the look about to get a half cage fabricated up, safe to say this is not a budget build hah!

I'd advise against 3 point harnesses dude.

do it properly, go 6 point.

Reactions: badger5
4 as a minimum. Depends if this will still stay as a road car 80/90% of the time. Buckle type 4 points are quicker and easier to get in and out without too much faff. 6 be fine if pure track car or occasional blast on roads like prawn.

Will go tests some out in demon tweeks! Only live like 3 mile away from there and they have over 30 seats woth harnesses on show which you can test.
Seats/harnessses and cage are a later thing anyways main thing is to get the car driving again! Just got the block back from being bored and honed today tho! So just waiting on crank to be polished and sprocket to get pressed on then can crack on! :D

another update,

block has been bored honed cleaned up all ready for the build, the head has been skimmed, crank has been polished and a new sproket fitted

- majority ofrebuild parts have been sent off to unit20 in neston for the rebuild they are rebuilding bottom end, puting head on and timing up

then it leaves me to bolt on the rest and get clutch gearbox on and engine in early february hopefully! also done new engine mounts with the poly mix 85A off ebay! was bit of a ball ache but got there in the end!

all starting to come together now cannot wait for these next couple months!

anyone heard much about these cages?

Tunershop - Roll Bars - Roll Cages - Wiechers AUDI A3 8L (Bj. 1996 - 2003) 4 point roll bar type B in steel, black matt painted - tuning - alloy wheels - kw coilovers - spacers - tyres

also a photo of how my mates 20v mk2 golf track/show car is coming together! :)

Reactions: Nicolay
What have you done to your headlights. I have a black s3 and the std lights look white against the car. Looks odd. Yours look miles better but cant quite see how you did it. Is all this work being done to your s3? Thought i saw you selling up a while back? I confuse easy though lol

The headlights I took apart and sprayed some pieces inside matt black. Pretty sure theres a guide on here to do it, be warned tho it is not an easy job I hated it! I had to carefully "cook" them in the oven to seperate. And no wasnt selling up just was selling parts from when it was ko4 :)

I was afraid you were going to say that. My headlights are looking dated and need a refurb. Maybe the time to do it. Cheers!!

my mates other s3's today, also fitted wheels to mine and gave it a clean! first time covers been off in a while!

1513296_10151804751862271_1115893865_n_zps265010b9.jpg

got my fully forged engine back this weekend.. sooo todays job was bolt BIG TURBO ON!!! :D soon be back in the car!

IMG 9555

20140202 163019

IMG 9564

Reactions: Paradox1, StaceyS3, Sam_ and 1 other person
20140127 144819

fitted some new heatshielding, got this off ebay its double layered... plan on putting OE heatshield over by brake master cyclinder area.. might aswel use it!

you tried the dp and external wg with your transfer box and prop yet dude?
remembering this was made for LCR.. so no 4wd clutter and it was tight on that one from memory

not yet bill thats the weekends job! :/ iv spoken to the guy who is building my exhuast system and mentioned that the DP might need adjusting and he said thats ok, also geting it modified to run screamer pipe to the floor rather that back into exhuast :)

not yet bill thats the weekends job! :/ iv spoken to the guy who is building my exhuast system and mentioned that the DP might need adjusting and he said thats ok, also geting it modified to run screamer pipe to the floor rather that back into exhuast :)

oh no screamer? really?

antisocial things

big thanks to bill for the intake manifold! awesome job! i got the (X) removed, and vac ports fitted underneath all ready for powdercoating now! also received my fittings for the da-31 fuel pump too so can get that fitted soon :)

IMG 9658

IMG 9665

IMG 9666

IMG 9667

the plan is to be running the engine in during April! :) watch this space!

Reactions: badger5 and <tuffty/>