• 1 Post By vfr800
  • 1 Post By Nilz
  • 1 Post By vfr800

Thread: Wheely excited!

4th Gear

Status

Cool Wheely excited!

These arrived today ... spacer pr0n!

Tyres will arrive tomorrow and be fitted on my refurbed BBS Speedlines ... uber excited!

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    nom nom nom nom nom

1st Gear

Status
    well if its worth doing its worth doing right
    BRING ON THE WET WEATHER ​QUATTRO FTW

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    They the H&R ones?

If so I had to get 4 of those when I fitted my wheels....cost me so much for what they are but such great quality!
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    They the H&R ones?
    H&R
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

4th Gear

Status
    Yes H&R! FTW!!!!!!

The cost did make my balls shrivel a little bit (even though I got a good price), but the quality is gorgeous. Shame to hide them away behind the alloys.

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vfr800 View Post
    These arrived today ... spacer pr0n!

Tyres will arrive tomorrow and be fitted on my refurbed BBS Speedlines ... uber excited!
    Are these hub adaptors or wheel spacers? Obviously they do the job of a wheel spacer regardless of the answer.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Are these hub adaptors or wheel spacers? Obviously they do the job of a wheel spacer regardless of the answer.
    These are the 20mm 5x100 -> 5x112 (57.1->57.1) PCD/Hub Adapters from H&R.

Liam

5th Gear

Status
    I got billet steel ones. They are half the cost but weigh sooo much more and i constantly regret it. Had h & r in the past. U can barely notice picking them up. Post pics when they are all on!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    These are the 20mm 5x100 -> 5x112 (57.1->57.1) PCD/Hub Adapters from H&R.

Liam
    Cool, that's what I thought. Pics when wheels are fitted please.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Yes H&R! FTW!!!!!!

The cost did make my balls shrivel a little bit (even though I got a good price), but the quality is gorgeous. Shame to hide them away behind the alloys.
    You know that mate....even looking at the bill now makes me wonder what I was thinking at the time!

Originally I was looking at the FK sets that work out about half the price...but tbh what's the point in having genuine BBS wheels and not to have just as good spacer/adapters!

Yeah I managed to get a pretty decent deal as I purchased them with my coilovers and a few other items.

Ohhhh- I can also see them pretty easily through my spokes I have the 20mm option and the exact same adapter size as yours
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Originally I was looking at the FK sets that work out about half the price...but tbh what's the point in having genuine BBS wheels and not to have just as good spacer/adapters!
    Nothing wrong with FKs. I ran 20mm/25mm FKs for a year with my S4 rims and they are great quality.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    OP . Sounds a good combo you got there mate. Looking forward to photos
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    The reason i bought my h&r spacers over other makes was purely due to the fact they were made from magnesium so add very little unsprung weight.

No point buying light wheels then adding heavy spacers in my eyes but if they only for looks suppose it makes no odds.

Either way bloody good purchase, really change the look of the car.

Booooooosting just a little bit

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by burns3 View Post
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Times]The reason i bought my h&r spacers over other makes was purely due to the fact they were made from magnesium so add very little unsprung weight.

No point buying light wheels then adding heavy spacers in my eyes but if they only for looks suppose it makes no odds.
    haha my S4s weighed so much by themselves that a few extra kgs from the FKs made no difference. Definitely worth paying extra for lighter items though.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

...It's Never Finished...

Status
    I have BBS RS2,s on my Boxster would love to put them on my S3... But no can do....

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    haha my S4s weighed so much by themselves that a few extra kgs from the FKs made no difference. Definitely worth paying extra for lighter items though.
    Haha yeah i never realised how much my standard s3 wheels weighed compared to my bbs rc's until i swapped them over the other week so the 18's will definately be rather hefty shall we say lol.
    Booooooosting just a little bit

Status
    Stock S3 wheels are 12kgs without tyres which can add another 10kgs!
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Bbs speedlines look the tits!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by burns3 View Post
    The reason i bought my h&r spacers over other makes was purely due to the fact they were made from magnesium so add very little unsprung weight.
    magnesium ... I've just jizzed in my pants. Hope they don't catch fire.

I got the H&R because they have the steel inserts and therefore won't strip the threads like the solid Alu ones. I just don't want to take the risk.

I'm hoping the wheels will look classy. I am getting the spokes done in a subtle-ish gun metal.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Nothing wrong with FKs. I ran 20mm/25mm FKs for a year with my S4 rims and they are great quality.
    Fair enough Westy, I think the reason I went for them was the steel insert threads and the fact that I'm a massive brand whore!
    2000 S3 APY

5th Gear

Status
    Look great pal pricey as tho lol
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by cecilthesausage View Post
    I have BBS RS2,s on my Boxster would love to put them on my S3... But no can do....
    How comes you can't put them on?
    2000 S3 APY

Down under

Status
    Ah the DRA's. You might find your wheel bolts are too long. I've just bought a full set of 20mm DRAs (got 25mm on the front) and he threw in some shortened OEM bolts as they originally hit the hub. Might be worth a trial fit before hand.

They're a nice bit of kit though. Nice and light yet strong.
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    You might find your wheel bolts are too long. ...
    Nooooooooo! don't say that.

Just in case I need them, where can I get shorter bolts?

Status

My Social Networking

Nooooooooo! don't say that.

Just in case I need them, where can I get shorter bolts?
    Just to keep your mind at rest I didn't have any issues when I fitted my H&Rs....I used the same OE bolts I've had on the Audi for years and everything fitted perfectly.
    2000 S3 APY

3rd Gear

Status
    Any pics yet.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

4th Gear

Status
    Just to keep your mind at rest I didn't have any issues when I fitted my H&Rs....I used the same OE bolts I've had on the Audi for years and everything fitted perfectly.
    Thanks. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    Any pics yet.
    Nooooo, not yet, calm down!!!! I've got to give the car a good polish before I stick the wheels on too.

Pictures will be put up as quick as possible.

Liam

3rd Gear

Status
    Ah don't worry about the polish, I forgive you for being a pikey.
    vfr800 likes this.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

Down under

Status
    Ah that's good news for me too. I hadn't tried but the owner said there might be issues. It would probably depend pretty much on the wheels being fitted and how much thread is exposed when the bolt is in the wheel. I'll probably slap mine on this weekend.
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

4th Gear

Status
    OK ... so I haven't fitted them yet. Too busy at the moment but I have offered one up to the car ...

Opinions?

5th Gear

Status
    I like! :-)
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

3rd Gear

Status
    very nice.

4th Gear

Status
    Any hints or tips on sealing/waxing/protecting the alloys before I fit them?

Two wheels offered up ...

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I use poor boys wheel sealant, dont think it lasts very long though, also used silver seal from autosmart

4th Gear

Status

Sam_ likes this.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Very nice Liam they look spot on...
    vfr800 likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    And another picture ...

Sam_ likes this.

Status
    That looks fecking wickes.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread