Fuel Pump have low flow rate, what to replace it with?

ecudude

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have driven for the past time with stall/stutter on WOT. After finding a lots of smaller leaks in the braided vacum hoses, and TIP, I finally tested the fuel pump iaw this tread:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-agu-boost-pressure-problems-please-read.html
(My score on flow was about 200cm3/12,1volt, and 2,5bar with vacum and 3.0 without. Pressure after 10 min around 2bar.)
The flow should have been more like 400cm3(0.4 Litre).....

So I gess my pump is bad and need replacement. My car is a stage 1 chip (If I am to trust the previous owner...).

On ebay there is one pump assy for sale(the whole unit):
FUEL PUMP ELECTRIC AUDI A3 8L 1.6+1.8 1996 ONWARDS | eBay

Or possibly oppgrade (single pump):
BOSCH fuel pump SEAT,SKODA,VW 0986580824 | eBay

Not sure if the latter will fit my car doe:unsure:

Is it possible to replace just the pump in these sender units?

Question two: what about the fuel lines, those hard plastic ones. They have now 14 years on their back, should I replace them?, and if so, with stock parts, or other?

Thanks for any suggestions or recommendations?

Found this Pierburg pump here:
PIERBURG fuel pump AUDI,SEAT 7.02700.00.0 | eBay

Should fit A3 1999, but a bit pricy...

Also found this state
Most stock VW/Audi fuel pumps flow enough for 200-300HP maximum

@ this web site Fully Enclosed FP34 044 Fuel Surge Tank, FP34 - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen

Will this be a fact for my car as well?

So maybe a stock or replacment pump will work ok, even if I in the future will look at a upgrade to K04? (direct bolt on version)

Either the Bosch pump you have listed there or a walbro DA-31 will be more than sufficient for your needs

Inorder to prevent som heavy modding to the pump unit, or surge problem(if the basket/swirl is omitted). Looks like this 4bar pump will be a direct replacement, at only £35:
Fuel Pump Audi A2 A3 TT Ford Galaxy 2 0i 2 3 2 8i V6 2 8 V6 New | eBay

Dimmensions:
LENGTH 136mm

DIAMETER 50mm

PRESSURE 4bar

Seems it supporting 225 bhp enginges like the TT etc.

Any thougts on this one? I guess it will still be ok to run this pump on a 3bar original fuel regulator....