blueclipspares rant - conversation inside - not doing business with them again!

Squirrelofdoom

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As you may know, I've been looking for a new turbo as mine is cracked. After looking around, I found one at bluechipspares eBay shop which looked good, so I contacted them in order to buy it - and this is what happened. I'll copy paste all of the conversation here unedited as I have no qualms about what I have written in response to their utterly arrogant and condescending messages.

The general gist is that we agreed on a price, and after waiting a day they got back to me saying they are reneging on the offer and will be selling to someone else. After contacting them to express my disappointment shall we say, the company then got very offensive, accusing me of this and that - and let's just say I'm not having any of it. Have a read below if you're interested, and seriously let me know if I'm in the wrong on this one, I'd be interested to hear other opinions of the situation. Regardless, they won't be getting any business from me again.

--------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 27-Apr-13 14:33:13 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

Hi there,

The turbo has recently gone on my S3, so I'm looking for a replacement. Are you selling this as a kit only, or would you be willing to sell the turbo separately?

Best Regards,
Aran

------------------------

Sent Date: 27-Apr-13 17:06:55 BST

Dear akankiwala,

hello, we can sell the turbo off this package for £225

thankyou
- bluechipsparesltd

----------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 27-Apr-13 17:27:24 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. What is your address in Cambridgeshire? If there is definitely no UK delivery, then I would have to come on a weekend to get the part as I live quite far away; are weekends ok?

Just to make sure, I assume the turbo has no hairline cracks / scraping blades / large oil build ups etc? Looks fine from the photos, but always worth making sure. Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Aran
- akankiwala

----------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 27-Apr-13 18:16:38 BST

Dear akankiwala,

Hello, this is located at one of my warehouses in cambridgeshire; PE13 4EP is location. We can deliver but for such high value goods they have to be sent insured and the cost of this is £24.99 taking 2-3 days recorded delivery. We can send it for £10 but if it gets lost/ stolen/ smashed by courier then thats at ur own risk.

The turbo is in very good condition from a low mileage car, there will b signs of use but no damage as what ur mentioning if there was we wouldn't of even bought the car, these ain't thrashed high mileage cars they are very well maintained just check the pictures not even a stonechip on the front bumper or mark on alloys just lightly mashed into the wing and 1/4 panel dent.

thanks
- bluechipsparesltd

------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 27-Apr-13 18:24:04 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

Cheers.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate that you are only selling good quality stuff, other guys on the audi-sport.net forums have said the same about your parts and customer service! I think I would have to go for the recorded delivery. Are you able to negotiate on price at all? Would you be able to perhaps offer the turbo delivered for £225? Am happy to send payment through paypal today.

Best Regards,
Aran
- akankiwala

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 27-Apr-13 20:06:55 BST

Dear akankiwala,

Hello, we set this business up simply to sell quality parts nothing else, my main business is repairing heavy smashed cars so always like to think customers get what there expecting from us we dont break many cars as are very selective on what we buy.

As ur a member of a car club and must obviously like cars, just like me i totally love anything cars, can do it for £240 delivered, recorded delivery fully insured..

thanks

- bluechipsparesltd

----------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 28-Apr-13 23:58:42 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

Hi,

I believe we have a deal. £240 delivered. How would you like to set up payment?

Best Regards
- akankiwala

--------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 29-Apr-13 08:54:01 BST

Dear akankiwala,

You could call and pay over the phone or on my website

tans
- bluechipsparesltd

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 29-Apr-13 09:42:55 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

Website or paypal would work for me?
- akankiwala

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 29-Apr-13 12:14:40 BST

Dear akankiwala,

ok
- bluechipsparesltd

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 29-Apr-13 12:17:31 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

I'm happy to do either, so if you point me to the item listing on your website, or setup a paypal link I will send payment over straight away!

Pleasure doing business with you

Best Regards,
- akankiwala

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 29-Apr-13 16:11:32 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

Hi there,

Are we still ok to go ahead with this today?

Best Regards,
- akankiwala

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 29-Apr-13 19:14:00 BST

Dear akankiwala,

Hello, sorry to dissappoint you ive had to many inquiries regardin the complete package and to b honest would rather sell it complete as no one would buy the other parts.

sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear but since sunday ive had 8 people asking about it
- bluechipsparesltd

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 29-Apr-13 19:15:33 BST

Dear akankiwala,

Hello, sorry for the delay see last message

thanks and apologies again for wastin ur time

thanks
- bluechipsparesltd

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 29-Apr-13 19:28:00 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

Well I'm sorry, but that is simply unacceptable. Having lead me on to believe that we had an agreement, to turn around right at the end is terribly disrespectful. And what of the bookings at the garage I have made based on this sale? Who will reimburse me for lost deposit on my booking given that I will now be forced to look for another part which could take many days?!

I hope that you think about this and can suggest some sort of arrangement, because to say that I am unhappy about this is an understatement and a half. Suffice to say that those singing your praises before will be notified of this.
- akankiwala

----------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 29-Apr-13 23:13:39 BST

Dear akankiwala,

Hello, it was your constant bargaining which put us off along with high interest of this package, 99.9% of our customers just pay the price, our business doesn't need recommendation the parts sell themselves simply due to the quality, we dont need anyone to sing praises as the parts we sell speak for themselves hence why the business has grown to such a international level in a very short time, we dont really target uk buyers its the international buyers who pay more hence why we take so so many pictures/ video clips.

SO far in 1.5yrs sld in-excess of 140+ engine/ gearbox's and not one complaint or return.

I suggest in the future if you see something at the right price just buy it, dont haggle just pay the money, quality doesn't come cheap, if you look on copart.co.uk u'll see how much the heavy smashed high mileage audi's fetch then how much the light damage low mileage sell for, then you will realise why we command the prices we do and the sort of money invested in this business, not loans but my own personal hard earned wealth.

Again many apologies, but i think you may of learnt a valuable lesson here and we should next time be upfront and just say no instead of trying to please everyone.

If you can wait another week or 2 the next one I get in will sell you the turbo but from this package cant split, the same price will apply might not please you but its the best I can do.

thankyou

- bluechipsparesltd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Date: 30-Apr-13 08:30:00 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

Firstly, bargaining is a part of business, you're telling me you've never haggled for anything? You happily offered me a deal, we even exchanged pleasantries about our mutual love for cars. Nowhere was there any indication that you were put off by bargaining. In addition, I made an offer one, single time; would you mind explaining to me where the definition of "constant" was changed to mean one? I had been respectful in my offer, and would appreciate not being accused of "constant" annoyance when there was no indication that my actions were taken as annoying and I performed said action once.

Are there others who have bargained and have met similar service? Or is it just me? I don't accept that anyone bargaining should be treated this way, or any customers at all to be honest. The fact you are quoting me as your first complaint, perhaps you should also be learning a lesson as to why this first complaint has happened?

At 9am on 19th of April we agreed to set up payment terms via your website or over the phone. I then had to wait until 7pm that same day to hear that you had changed your mind and have reneged on the offer. In fact I didn't hear about it until I had to contact you again rather than you letting me know yourselves. As the customer, I shouldn't have to be chasing up or waiting around for an entire day only to hear that you turned around on the offer.

After the conversation we had previously, I believe I am completely entitled to believe that we had a deal, we have a message trail to prove it. How exactly have I tried to "please everyone"? Who is this everyone you speak of? The matter still remains that you reneged on an offer after both parties agreed to it. It was you who agreed to sell me the turbo separately in the first place, it is not my duty to do your research for you, if you sell an item and don't make the best deal from it that is your fault and the customer you have agreed to sell the item to in the first place should not be the one punished.
- akankiwala

OMFG

This absolute bell piece is still going about his business? :wtf:

I had the misfortune of having to deal with him and actually met the bloke face to face about a year and a half ago, and my mate literally had to drag me away from him before I did something stupid. The way he acted and spoke to me was not something you expect from anybody....let along someone who was trying to sell some items to you!

Like you, I had parts that I needed replacing and the cost of brand new parts from Audi were not an option at the time- I was after a front bumper without the grill and also the two front indicator lenses for non-facelift S3.

I think we settled on a price around £200....the 'heated warehouse' that he said all the parts were stored in was nothing more than an old barn that was freezing and I could see my breath when I spoke.....so as we rocked up to his premises I was already a bit taken back by what he had said on the phone.

When we finally got let in pass his security gate....the parts were in less than average condition- BEFORE I made the 2 hour journey with my mate in his van... the bloke on the phone was saying that the bumper was in great condition, with a couple of minor scratches at the bottom, but any owner would just put it on the car without re-spraying it as it looks so good.....

HOWEVER when I got there - after a 2 hour journey from CT18 and dragging my mate half way up the country in his work van the bumper was a joke! The bloke had said he was breaking several cars and he had a couple of front bumpers and this was the best condition....I asked to look at the others just to compare- as I was wondering how dafuq it could look any worse....

I mean this bumper was terrible - as soon as I picked it up I could see the 'light scratches' at the bottom was a ****** crack...I could see light through it ***. He then started playing the 'didn't notice' that trick....

Then when it came to the indicators - they were still on the front end of another car....so I was inspecting the left side- it looked alright actually. I said I'd take them - so he started removing the left one...SNAP!!! ...I ask what was that?....he replied nothing - so i went over to look as me and my mate definitely heard something. Turns out he was trying to hide the bit he had just damaged.

Now clearly by this point I was pretty vexed....I'd got one of my best mates to travel up the country with me in his work van to pick up some parts that were described in above average condition. The reality is that I could have made a bumper from a corsa fit better to my S3 than this POS he was trying to sell me -and he literally just broke the indicators in front of me and tried covering it up!

By this stage.....99.99% of us would just do 1 and tell him to feck off and keep his shoddy parts (looking back afterwards, I would definitely do that now). I however had the car back at home that was off the road due to an accident and I had to foot the bills and just traveled half way up the country- so didn't really want to go back empty handed. I called the body shop my car was in and they said they could repair the bumper as long as it wasn't too bad!

So as we had arranged a price before hand, and when I got there the items were not as described- then clearly there should be some room for movement? NOPE! He said he stated the price and if I didn't like it then he would sell it to someone else!

I was in stitches at this point as I honestly started to wonder wtf this bloke has in his pipe to think someone would pay the money he is asking for it for these parts! So I chucked £160 at him and told him to call the police if he feels like he's being robbed, as I thought that was a very fair price.

Got back to the bodyshop and they advised that the bumper was beyond repair, plus the indicators were more damaged than I originally thought and so would not be secure.
So all in all it cost me around £250 and a waste of a day for me and a mate to learn from my mistakes......to this day in 26 years of purchasing items for anything- this has to be the worse transaction I have ever been apart off.

I URGE ANYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS SELLER UNLESS YOU ENJOY BEING LIED TO MESSED ABOUT

This is the sort of crap he tries selling btw-

Used Audi S3 1.8 TURBO APY engine complete wiring lo... for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 887833)

NB: This is all in my experience and things could have change since February 2012- but judging by the OP things haven't!

/rantover :jester:

In all honesty, I wouldn't have bought anything from a company that says "ur" rather than your, you're etc.

Bad spelling means it's some monkey trying to make a business. Not somebody who cares about it :) if they don't care about their business what do they care about the items they are selling?

My 2pence worth.

Cheers for the thoughts guys, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this is bullsh**. Surprise surprise, the company hasn't responded to my last message.

In all honesty, I wouldn't have bought anything from a company that says "ur" rather than your, you're etc.

Bad spelling means it's some monkey trying to make a business. Not somebody who cares about it :) if they don't care about their business what do they care about the items they are selling?

My 2pence worth.

Completely agree with you..I've learnt from my mistakes and will never buy from this 'business' again, or any other seller who can't grasp the concept of the English language and common courtesy.

I actually remember the bloke spinning me some story about how they buy in the S3s so they can sell the engines to Eastern Europe as they are in strong demand. I expect he doesn't give two tosses about the rest of the car if that's the case!

If anything it sounds like you got away while you could...imagine if you purchased it and it turned out to be rubbish!? I reckon you've saved yourself £240 and a load more aggro!

I'm not totally convinced that he didn't sell it to you because of your negotiations tactics and he probably sold it to someone who was more desperate for the whole kit and stood to make more money out of it and used that as a poor excuse.

The overall language of this guy sounds like a right wheeler dealer of his profession. All that garbage about item off a low mileage car, practically new, not from a thrashed car (how the hell does he know that!) , I only deal with quality, i have buyers all over the world...blah, blah , blah.
If he was the only person selling a part I needed I would wait until someone else came along.

If I had comfortable growing business in the position he says he is in I would not have behaved like that on soooooo many levels.

Reactions: kwistof
yeah. Suffice to say I obviously won't go near them again. The worst thing about it was how aggressive and arrogant he got towards me (the customer)...it's just not on!

Mate, I can only apologise as it was ME that recommended him to you! Sorry.
ive used him before and didn't have a problem but I disagree with what he's done here.

The only thing I will add mate is at that price I would of just said yes , and said I would like to pay now over the phone or paypal! Always do that when buying from breakers or scrappys as if someone else comes in they would sell it to them anyway or similar. Just my opinion.

Hope you get one sorted at the right price ;-)

Sean

Dude, Sean, not your fault at all, don't worry about it mate!

I mean if they had a better offer, they should have told me rather than saying yes it's fine and then turning around after staying silent for a day...not cool

aaaaaanyway, will find another one

may do, I don't really see what eBay will do about it though :S I'd rather just make sure as many people as possible don't use them anymore

Well, here is the last 3 pieces of correspondence following straight on from what I have listed above. Suffice to say I was being polite, and in his latest correspondence he has been the exact opposite - overtly crude and offensive. Suffice to say, this has given me grounds to report his actions to eBay and I shall be doing so soon.

----------------------------------------

Sent Date: 01-May-13 11:10:01 BST

Dear akankiwala,

Hello, sorry for ate reply as your probably aware i run a very large business repairing cars the parts business is part time hence delay in replying.

NO one tries to bargin on quality parts from fully running light damaged cars, this is a mistake youve made not my fault, just try and buy one of these cars with this light damage & low mileage for under 2000pounds you will have problems hence why were sticking with this auction, again im sorr if its not what you wanted to hear but it will teach you a very good lesson not to bargin for parts espeically good quality parts in perfect working order, i know this as we repair cars ourself ones smashed to pieces and know how so so hard it is to get quality parts

if you want to bad mouth us, not that it will make any difference, thats your choice the parts sell themselves simple.

thankyou

- bluechipsparesltd

Sent Date: 01-May-13 12:20:14 BST

Dear bluechipsparesltd,

And you accepting my bargaining at first and then changing your mind after my "constant" bargaining...that was my fault too was it? If you had a problem with me bargaining, the respectful thing to do would have been to let me know straight away rather than leading me on and arranging payment terms before turning around after a deal has been agreed.

I am not arguing that quality parts might be difficult to find and am therefor not arguing against your business model. I am, however, disappointed by your incredibly condescending tone to one of your potential customers. Although you claim that you do not care, your reputation is not as bulletproof as you may feel it is.

Regardless, I have sourced an 80k undamaged turbo from somewhere else, and I tell you they did not react in such an unprofessional way when I suggested a deal be struck.

I will not be dealing with yourselves again and hope that no one else has to suffer through your "customer service" as I have.

- akankiwala

Sent Date: 01-May-13 14:52:12 BST

Dear akankiwala,

Hello, you can "do one", i don't appreciate ur threats, and do we give a flying fu8k or even 2 flying fu8ks if you buy any parts? NO! The business is rock solid as one can be because I run a very large salvage repair business if the parts don't sell will just use them on one of our own cars, you'll notice the cars we break not all parts are sold because we use them to repair our own cars and sell the rest hence bluechipspares. This is what sets us apart from many breakers hence why we can pick and choose being very picky what cars to break as were using the parts to repair our own so expect only the best as the cars have to be sold. Hence can sell parts for prices we want and to whom we want.

May well sound like a foul rotton attitude and tone but I really don't give a sh&T. As soon as this "deal" fell through all ive had is constant threats abt how ur gonna tell ur ur club mates, we don't aim to actually sell anything to your types or anything on ebay, ebay is just used to get our ads on top of google for free when people do searches, try typing in
Audi TT black front bumper, you'll see my ads on first page; priceless "free advertising attracting international buyers; our target market.

As we target the people who go to main dealers and repair/ service/ buy, they wont step foot in a scrap yard or buy from one. This is why you see extensive pictures of parts and body panels our specialty in pristine unmarked condition as them type of customers only want the best but due to current economic condition also want to save a pound or 2!

Anyway I dont thnk any point arguing on what should of happened, it hasn't so just keep away, im sure we wont go hungry because ur not buying anything as you've realized there is always someone else selling/ buying parts just like there is always someone else selling/ buying cars.

thankYOU (spoken in a loud rude tone)

What a ****!

It'll come back and bite him, what goes around comes around and all that.

We should all email him with ridiculous offers for the parts he's selling.

I especially do not appreciate where he says "we don't sell to your types".... I'm sorry, but at least we can all structure a sentance unlike his good self. Utter condescension, arrogance and aggression from him...completely unacceptable

bluechipsparesltd customer review very poor experience VAG Audi Seat Skoda VW A3 S3 TT A4 A5 8L PE13 4EP

turbo engine gearbox used bumper spare parts abandoned warehouse scrap metal rust corroded unhappy unsatisfied
stay away rude arrogant unprofessional ebay pistonheads seller buyer blue chips spares ltd limited

Just thought I would put a few choice words and phrases above - just in case any potential buyers has a google for reviews about bluechipsparesltd and previous customer experience.

Hopefully it will be just above the Audi TT Black Front Bumper - now THAT would be priceless! lol

The bloke is completely deluded though and I am 100% sure that I did not pay the price he advertised it for and we definitely bargained on the phone.

Well. I've rebuilt my turbo now, it's back with the garage being fitted! Can't wait to get the car back on the road again.

As far as running in the new turbo, should I just be gentle with it for a while, or?...

Well. I've rebuilt my turbo now, it's back with the garage being fitted! Can't wait to get the car back on the road again.

As far as running in the new turbo, should I just be gentle with it for a while, or?...

There's no need to run a turbo in, just make sure there is oil going through it on first start up, then it's all go really. Main thing is cooling it down after a blast to preserve it really.

cool. I will make sure there is oil in it before running (prime oil feed / turn over engine but don't fire etc). Yeah, i'm quite good for warming up and cooling down the turbo - so I'll do the same!

Annoyingly, Audi messed up my parts order and I need to go get some more parts at lunch :S grr

maybe im tired but i dont see where u haggled he said 225 u agreed he said 240 posted u agreed he jus sounds a knob to me

lol, me too Chris....me too. In conjunction with this, does anyone know how to report a member on eBay? I've tried reporting him, but it keeps taking me back to reporting the listing iteself, which I don't want to do - I want to report him

Mate I don't know how you can unless you buy an item, as they don't like you buying outside of eBay !

Stuff him, he will get his come uppance eventually ; everyone comes un-stuck at some point.

The thing is with scrappys and breakers is they know they have kind of got you by the balls because we love our motors and they have got what we need otherwise we wouldn't have contact them in first place. Just get your car sorted bro and take enjoyment from that and the fact he didnt get any of your pennies.......

Sean