So after doing the pcv mod last year, a couple of weeks a go I decided to check it all out and make sure all was well.
I removed it all and was rather disgusted, it was horrible allthe pipes full of puss like gunk! I mean full!
I cleaned all the pipes out and thought I really need a catch can, did the usual ebay search found loads but in reality I couldn’t afford any, so it got me thinking, what household stuff have I got lying around that could just maybe make a catch can?.
After raiding the cupards, the shed, and greenhouse I found some bits J and in true blue peter style I began.
So what did I use/find:
Thermos cup: [IMG][/IMG]
22mm to 15mm copper reducers x2
Plumbers flux and solder
Silicone (general stuff) later changed to hi temp stuff (due to massive shrinkage)
Tools used were 16mm wood hole cutter (erm for the metal flask) lol
Hand held blowtorch (for the solder)
Junior hacksawfor the handle removal.
So I got on with it, at 1st I just wanted to makeit, not bothered about looks etc, just make it functional: [IMG][/IMG]
An hour or so later I had done it then proceeded to fit it.
Once fitted I actually forgot about it haha, drove round fora couple of weeks and thought “oh ****” my catch can!
Anyway the other day I decided to have a look, I had no fish BUT it seemed I had a new way to produce jack daniels! Whoohoo!
This is the product: [IMG][/IMG]
So my rough bodge up seems to work yes, its only condensation BUT it works and with no baffle I think its quite a good outcome.
I decided I should keep it, but I needed it’s looks changing a little so I cleaned it up and painted it and here we have the blue peter/scrapheap challenge catch can J [IMG]if your going to attempt this make sure there is an adult present at all times!
If you want a full guide just ask Ill do one haha.
Thanks for reading guys and gals!