v2 relentless manifold reliability?

JUS3IN

14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft
Reaction score
hey all just got one of these v2's, it looks good but since ordering it ive heard bad things... do they all crack? or just a minor few? really want to fit this but having some doubts...

Based on reported experiences cracking is inevitable especially as the walls are thin and the welds have no filler...

Shame...

<tuffty/>

Bill has welded a couple of these now... send it along with your hotside...

<tuffty/>

just checked some pics and mine looks more v3 than v2 and i got all the extra bits welded on!??? maybe mines a cross over one sort of in between???

Bill has welded a couple of these now... send it along with your hotside...

<tuffty/>

already sent the hotside, will it be reliable if bill works his magic? what would he charge roughly.... also though seriously check those pics of mine it looks like a v3!!!

...and don't use the supplied copper ****e gaskets... use OE... and replace all gaskets and coolant/oil feed sealing washers too... with OE... they cost pennies but will save you pain...

<tuffty/>

was bought as a v2!!! and what about those extra bits around the 4 into 1 bit, maybe this is a v2 to v3 prototype? hopefully in v3 material?-) welds look v3 aswell right? 239 quid on ebay!

Its a V3 dude... welds use filler rod and not fusion welded like V2... the bracing is an attempt to prevent expansion cracks... material is thicker...

Stands a chance... make sure you refit the turbo support bracket

<tuffty/>

Hummm... they are better than most but... I would personally only use OE ones... the oil drain (paper gasket in pic) will be next to use less considering how hot turbo's get... the DP and turbo/mani gasket might work... the copper seals may be ok but OE are an aluminium alloy... have seen copper ones corrode from the heat... looks like that kit is missing the oil drain/sump gasket... assuming you have removed the oil drain from the sump

<tuffty/>

not yet but i will be, got an oil filter, oil and coolant on the way, also ebay... missus logged her nectar card to my account so she's lovin it atm!

lastly darren said he fits his by dropping the gearbox!? ive also got to fit the downpipe... should i just drop the whole subframe off or is there ways around it?

your turbo
183080_368754313242660_418244003_n.jpg

945524_368754666575958_721982584_n.jpg

302714_368754536575971_440050165_n.jpg

Apart from makink it shiny, why was this done Bill? Sorry if i'm being thick....

Small wastegate hole = boost creep... all chinese hotsides seem to suffer from it... can't maintain actuator or std boost pressures... worst I have seen crept to over 20psi (on actuator pressure which started at 7psi)

<tuffty/>

All makes sense now, didn't realise its a copy hotside. I'll put myself on the naughty step for skim reading :) Nice work

cheers bill, looking good that hole was tiny! did you manage to get her sent?

and yeah tuffty, mine was creeping to 1.5 bar/21psi! before it was mapped it mustta been a nightmare as the turbo's been on there since 2011 and the map this year... car was stood in a industrial estate in a car mechanics garage carpark for a while... im thinking who ever payed to fit the chinese turbo was so ****** of with it he just parked her up! last owner bought it and attempted stuff, then she's come to me... fingers crossed all will be well!-)