on and off red oil can?

Tim_Attard

Reaction score
Hi guys seem to be having endless problems with my oil pressure it had a blocked pick up a few months back and recently after deleting the PVC I randomly get the red oil can (has happened twice) but when I turn off the ignition and back on it goes I also sent it to the garage to get the pressure checked and they said its fine?

What could it be it scares the c%&p out of me when it comes on
Thanks

could be the sensor

I had the same issue on my old a3 when I first did the pcv delete. Turned out I didn't block the brake boost pipe up properly.

Once I sealed that up correctly the oil pressure light never came back on again.

hmm you see i had trouble with the brake booster as i have an aum so i had 2 nipples under the inlet and the piping was different to the guide so i just left it attached could this be it?

To be honest I have no idea haha. I just stood there and watched my mate sort mine at his garage.

sorry I couldn't help.

do you get any tapping in the time the light is on? i wouldnt like to be the bearer of bad new but could it possibly be a oil pump problem? i only ever had the red oil light flash up once and it was the pump that stopped