problem with front lights

share1t

Reaction score
hi, im hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.
I recently bought a 52 reg a3 1.9tdi 130. the last few days i have noticed that the lights were not very bright so i bought some xenon bulbs.
h1 for the main beam h7's for dipped and side lights .
the dipped are the outside with the side lights slotted into them and the main is the frosted one's on inside according to the haynes manual.
on my car when you turn lights on the frosted centres with the h1 bulbs come on and when you put full beam on the outside lights come on. has anyone seen this before.
cheers

it may be referring to the pre-facelift model. in about the year 2000, the a3 changed and got a facelift. One of the changes were the lights, making the headlights and indicators one unit. I have H7s for main beam on my pre-facelift model as the dipped are on the outside edge of the car and I believe they are on the inside of the facelift.

cheers
seems you could be right spoke to someone else at audi who says that the dipped beam is now the frosted inside pair and main beam is outside pair.

You'll usually find that information on here is more reliable than talking to Audi...

sorry to be a pain about this but i still think these lights are wired wrong cos there is still hardly any light on road. could anyone with a facelift a3 without foglights have a look at their lights and tell me which is the dipped and whic is the main.
cheers

cheers for that.
one last thing is the inside frosted

[ QUOTE ]
the lights on my 1998 A3 were poor, that was why I got some S3 Xenons for mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones on my 99 A3 weren't much good until i fitted visionplus bulbs and had the alignment checked.

[ QUOTE ]
cheers for that.
one last thing is the inside frosted

[/ QUOTE ]

inside ones look like a household bulb.....
if thats what you mean by frosted

they dont seem to project very good do they. where can you get your alignment checked.
cheers

[ QUOTE ]
they dont seem to project very good do they. where can you get your alignment checked.
cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Any good MOT centre will be able to check the allignment for you..