Drill

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
First impressions.....
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

OK, anyway, gotta keep this kinda quick as my best friend who just got back from Iraq is gonna try to call tonight.

For those unfamiliar with my car, it's a 2001 A3 1.8TQ (150hp stock). I took her in today for the std Oettinger tune program to 195 ps and 295 nm torque. And then paid the 119 Euros for a dyno plot. Gotta say, the dyno run was a VERY good idea
jump.gif

Gonna attach the printouts, but the numbers are......

..... ya ready? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

154.4 KW (210 PS or 207 hp) @ 5517rpm, (a whopping 179.3 hp at the wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif) and my torque figures jumped to 329 nm (242.66 ft/lbs) @ 3212 rpm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

One point I feel I need to make as well, my DV is SHOT!! Therefore, I honestly think I might have a few more ponies in there somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for driving her, well, I can hardly tell sh'e been chipped, until I put my foot down, then there's no mistaking it. Compared to the present feel, it's hard to believe there was a turbo in there before today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Well, like I said, gonna keep it short
smashfreakB.gif
so I'll go ahead and post the dyno results now. The few other pics I took will go up tomorrow sometime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

btw, Daniel, sorry Dude, but they had NO catalogs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

53221-Oettinger%20Dyno%20Web.gif

How right was i!!! I did say it would be about 210bhp... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Bet it goes like a rocket... I know when i got mine chipped i wondered why i didnt do it sooner... makes it feel like a new car!!

Rich

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Thats some mental power for just a chip, Thats more power than me and im 150bhp stock. TIme for a new chip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hell yeah it's a new car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Only problem was it's Friday, so everywhere I went, there was traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So I haven't been able to see what my new top speed is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif One thing I DO have to say, Daniel was right, the beatch PULLS, I was accelerating in 3rd to merge onto the autobahn, and hit 6k revs, and couldn't feel it dropping off at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

btw, do you think the DV would have affected the plot? It's not holding so I get surges when trying to gun it, so do you think the dyno numbers could actually be a little LOW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Already got an RS6 DV on order, along with an A4 4 bar FPR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif Gonna pick them up on Tuesday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:

And I've gotta say, Quattro ROCKS Dude, and in an S3.... you ******* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha... have to get it yet... but hopefully not TOO long

Rich

Mark, the S3 has a K04 which is bigger than the K03 (but not by much). The K03 can be tuned up to a bit over 200hp but that's about it IIRC. Now it's the S3 engine that can be tuned to upwards of 300hp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, I'm not entirely SURE which 1.8T was the first to get VVT, but it's fairly easy to tell. When looking into the engine compartment from the grill, look to the right side of the engine block and there'll be a black cylinder mounted. IIRC this is part of the crank sensor. The sensor itself is on the other side of the engine.

Costa, wish the exhaust was do-able budget-wise, but alas, I've pushed my luck enough with the chip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I figure I'll get a TT or S3 exhaust, an extra cold air feed, and then get an ABD Turbo Intake pipe, that should be about it (And still plenty to surprise the hell outta most 3 series drivers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif).

And to be honest, I KNOW I have VVT, but have yet to confirm the K03S, but from what I know, VVT and the K03S were added on the same engines /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks for the comments everybody, unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to really open her up (maybe make a run down the A63 tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif) But as soon as I get an approx. top-speed, I'll let y'all know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thought about getting the Chrome badge and fitting it to the Audi Quattro grill mount, but we saw the side stickers on an A4 they had there, and thought they looked nice enough for ours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif They're really more subtle than the pic suggests /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

And Daniel, the turbo sounds SOOOO sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif Now my only problem is the damned DV /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I got to open her up last night and DAMN!! The bitch pulls ALL THE WAY to redline (and prolly further if I wanted to push it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif) But last night, while trying to get a gauge on top speed I kept running into the DV not holding against full boost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif But like I said above, I've ordered an RS6 DV and it'll be in on Tuesday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Thx all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gotta say, Oettinger ROCKS!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike, congrats on the chip, i can see ur over the moon with it and i bet ur Frau doesnt see what the all the fuss is about !!
very impressive figures too but how about leaving ur haldex switched on for more realistic figures, after all u wudnt drive far with it switched off wud u ! So why switch it off? Yes i know u have givin the reason why it was turned off.

ENJOY !! Coz i know u'll never catch me ! U S3 WANNABE ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Mo, actually, I was surprised when the Frau noticed the change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif (Of course, from the line the difference is AMAZING /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) But all in all, I'm welll impressed with the change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif As for the Haldex, like I said, it was only disabled for the dyno, the Tech said the Engine figures would be more accurate, I was just distracted so I didn't ask about the wheel measurements. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And as for not catching you, well, hate to say it, but I got the car chipped for me, not you mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif So why ya gettin defensive, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I aint defensive matey. No way not worried in the slightest, but ur the one in denial ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Hey now, if I wanted my car to be an S3 or even an S3 killer, I wouldn't be using std S3 parts now would I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif I'm just looking to get a good balance in the middle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now if, in the process, I get to have a bit more fun on the Autobahn, well I guess that's just the price I'll have to pay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

And oh yeah, it's mainly Mr. 3-series I get attitude from around here, so no worries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

So how was the weekend with the beast? You still chuffed? It will fade when you start to think the performance has dropped off, But then you will hop into a Focus 1.6 (Like I did for two days) and realise your car is extremely quick, and you've just become so familiar with it! And then you'll be looking for the next mods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif I so hate rental cars the focus had trouble wheel spinning with three of us in the car....absolutely no go what so ever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I think I'll be trying to get a 3.2 V6 Omega next week instead.

Did you speak to Oettinger about the FPR from the A4? As to if they recognise it as a valid mod etc.

Uhh, no, I didn't ask them about the FPR.... I kinda just bought one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif As well as an RS6 DV, both of which I fitted last night (No opportunity to really run her, so no idea if they made a difference) And yeah, I'm still pretty happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif All I need to do is merge onto the Autobahn to get that "just chipped" feeling back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif On the trip home last night I had a Carrera running interference for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif He wasn't running too hard, but enough to clear out the road ahed, so I just cruised along in his wake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif We passed a dude in an Alfa Diesel (2.4 I think) who couldn't keep up over 220 kph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif And I got a top speed of 233 kph on my AC (almost 250 on the speedo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Got a little problem though.... the turbo seems to be "Surging" as if I'm loosing boost somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif But it only happens when I'm at full throttle, I had thought it was my old DV, but it's still going on with the new one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any ideas??

If you are running K03s (like leons) you should be able to get 240bhp out of a remap. That is what (some) jabbasport leon cupra chips are getting.

Michael, I'm not sure on your surging, so would speak to Oettinger, as I don't have it on mine at speeds of 240+.
Let me know about the FPR, as in performance increase and if Oettinger say anything...maybe they'll pay you for the idea!!

Cupra's with 240 on a chip alone, sounds high unless they are running K04's, I can believe it with other changes but not with the K03 and a chip as nobody (Tuners) specifies the 180 hp engines with much more than 210hp...not for the Audi's anyway.

Dude, you've had yours over 240? Is that speedo or AC? And the comment on the 240Hp from the K03 was reffering to the K03S which I'm pretty sure includes a generous application of overboost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ahh, well, have you tried getting your speed out of the AC?? It's enlightening to say the least. At 233 kph my speedo was showing 250 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And I think I'm going to have to either confirm or deny whether or not I've a K03 or a K03S. These guys getting 240hp out of a K03S must be doing SOMETHING /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Although it makes me wonder if these remaps will wind up affecting the life of their turbos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I know I got 207 out of Oettinger's fairly conservative map, soI guess it's possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif