JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

New to the forum & Just bought an A3

Hi guys.

I'm new to the forum - this is my first post.

I have just bought a ming blue 2002 1.9 TDI Quattro, which I think is awesome.

I want to get a couple of bits for it, so I have started using the search function, but if you can help..

I'm trying to source:

1. an ipod dock/ipod system;
    2. brushed/anodised/chrome wing mirror/covers
    3. wood interior kit (a good one and more than just the centre console) - I have seen most of you don't like them, I agree the standard wood trim doesn't look great (mine doesn't have any currently)
    4. any other chrome bits and pieces that may make it look a bit more 'up-market'.. I have seen the chrome dial kit which looks quite nice.
    Cheers chaps

Nino

2. # ADS
    ADS

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    All of the above sounds far from "upmarket".

However all of the above can be purchased on eBay. I would suggest a Dension Ice-Link as an iPod dock, they are very good and can be wired through to the cubby hole under the light switch.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nino View Post
    Hi guys.

I'm new to the forum - this is my first post.

I have just bought a ming blue 2002 1.9 TDI Quattro, which I think is awesome.

I want to get a couple of bits for it, so I have started using the search function, but if you can help..

I'm trying to source:
    1. an ipod dock/ipod system;
    2. brushed/anodised/chrome wing mirror/covers
    3. wood interior kit (a good one and more than just the centre console) - I have seen most of you don't like them, I agree the standard wood trim doesn't look great (mine doesn't have any currently)
    4. any other chrome bits and pieces that may make it look a bit more 'up-market'.. I have seen the chrome dial kit which looks quite nice.
    Cheers chaps

Nino
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. x

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    All of the above sounds far from "upmarket".
    oh really, why do you say that? Do you have any other suggestions?

However all of the above can be purchased on eBay. I would suggest a Dension Ice-Link as an iPod dock, they are very good and can be wired through to the cubby hole under the light switch.
    Ok thanks, will have look

silver sleeper

Status
    i think unless you full explain where yopur going with the car people will frown, esspecially with wood and chrome!! i could maybe understand if you were into retro golfs and was thinking alone those lines.. i.e crome roof rack, beige respray, brown leather, wood dash and chrome extras although if your just going to bolt half a halfords store of chrome and wood over you car you will find many inc me would frown upon it and prob try to force our opinions upon you.... but hey its your car, do what you want dont expect to much praise of people if you dont go the full hog tho!
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

5th Gear

Status
    Hi and welcome , what interior trim is in the car at the moment? You could try wrapping them or get new ones from Ebay.
    Brushed mirror caps etc are available, just be careful where you buy from.
    chrome dial kits are available too.
    Its your Car so upto you what you do to it.lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by justarn View Post
    i think unless you full explain where yopur going with the car people will frown, esspecially with wood and chrome!! i could maybe understand if you were into retro golfs and was thinking alone those lines.. i.e crome roof rack, beige respray, brown leather, wood dash and chrome extras although if your just going to bolt half a halfords store of chrome and wood over you car you will find many inc me would frown upon it and prob try to force our opinions upon you.... but hey its your car, do what you want dont expect to much praise of people if you dont go the full hog tho!
    Thinking a bit more subtle than that.. but I don't expect any praise - did all that when I had a g40 when I was 17.

Quote Originally Posted by gen.heinz guderian View Post
    Hi and welcome , what interior trim is in the car at the moment? You could try wrapping them or get new ones from Ebay.
    Brushed mirror caps etc are available, just be careful where you buy from.
    chrome dial kits are available too.
    Its your Car so upto you what you do to it.lol
    Hi thanks.
    If think it has full black leather with the normal black time (I only saw it last week when I bought it - it has been at my dads since for a service).

I don't want the carbon looking trim - done that before, think it looks cool for a sporty image but i'm not interested in the sporty image for my a3 - if I was I would have bought something else. Maybe i'll go down the ally route..

Any idea on the brushed mirror caps? I don't want the ones that stick over the originals.

5th Gear

Status
    The S3/RS3`s have them, but alot on Ebay have been stolen. Several people on here have had them stolen too.
    The G40 sounds interesting , got any pics of it? Not too many decent ones left now.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gen.heinz guderian View Post
    The S3/RS3`s have them, but alot on Ebay have been stolen. Several people on here have had them stolen too.
    oh really :o will be careful then, thanks.

The G40 sounds interesting , got any pics of it? Not too many decent ones left now.
    I think there is about 300 left on the road. I will have a look for some pics.
    It was a J-reg, alpine white, colour coded big bumbers, tinted windows and had about 81k miles when I sold it 2 years ago. Very quick and a lovely car. 0-60 in just under 7 secs if I remember correctly. It was a great boy racers car lol (big bore exhaust etc). It was fastest car at 6th form back in the day

Reverse Gear

Status
    Beofre the g40 I had a nissan micra, after the g40 it was a mk 2 golf driver, then a corsa 1.5 td, then an A4 estate 1.9 tdi, now the a3 - but currently i'm borrowing my dad's rs4, which is impressing my collegues at work :P