Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 300bhp s3 8l vs ferrari 355 video!

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    No. A dream garage in full of dream cars you dream about. If I want a shonky old Saab I'd just go out and buy one. You're such an awkward sod. Of course it's a materialistic approach!
    They are the cars I "dream" about though? And I would just go out and buy one, but I haven't got a garage to put one in and give it the care it needs like I used to. Hence my sheddy Audi that has just about as much appeal as I can manage to park outside my house without getting rinsed.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    They are the cars I "dream" about though
    great aspirations. I suppose your dream woman list is full of average old bangers too. And your dream house is a mere 2 bedroom flat. Give it a rest!
    Jason.s likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

great aspirations. I suppose your dream woman list is full of average old bangers too. And your dream house is a mere 2 bedroom flat. Give it a rest!
    I don't have a dream woman list, I'm more than happy with my current one.

And my dream house is a nice modest country house with a double garage and a driveway.

Sorry for being a realist. I can't stand unrealistic people with materialistic views on what will make them happier, I'd be much happier with a tidy country house to quietly plod away with than some Carlos Fandango wonder palace. I'll stick with my nice achievable life goals if that's ok with you. Try not to make me feel like too much of a peasant while you're at it though

Then never do them.

Status
    I don't have a dream woman list, I'm more than happy with my current one.

And my dream house is a nice modest country house with a double garage and a driveway.

Sorry for being a realist. I can't stand unrealistic people with materialistic views on what will make them happier, I'd be much happier with a tidy country house to quietly plod away with than some Carlos Fandango wonder palace. I'll stick with my nice achievable life goals if that's ok with you. Try not to make me feel like too much of a peasant while you're at it though
    Are you demented? The whole point of a "dream" is that it is normally out of someone's reach, it's a dream, get it?! If you don't have dreams and aspirations then what inspires you on in life.

It's got nothing to do with being unrealistic. I'm one of the most realistic people you'd ever meet but I doesn't stop me dreaming.

I think you just like to argue for te hell of it or maybe you were just dropped on your head as a child.
    rhubarb4 likes this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi every one just wonderd if any one can help me ive bought an audi a4 sline 1.8t on an 04 plate with a knackerd engine and trying to find a new one but there are so many engine codes and duno if i have to have the same one thats in mine or is there another thats compatible thanx??

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by turboscarface View Post
    hi every one just wonderd if any one can help me ive bought an audi a4 sline 1.8t on an 04 plate with a knackerd engine and trying to find a new one but there are so many engine codes and duno if i have to have the same one thats in mine or is there another thats compatible thanx??
    Dude, learn how to use a forum
    Brodster and s33nyboy12 like this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    i dont realy know how to use them realy never used them lol just need a little help

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Bah.

You guys are so quick to judge me and take the piss but you haven't got a clue about me.

I don't like fancy stuff and I don't dream of owning Ferraris.

Then never do them.

5th Gear

Status
    Turbo scarface, you need reading lessons not forum help .

and everyone else I welcome views on my dream 5 car list, last post on page 1 :-)

hit me with it ladies!

Cheers, Sean
    superkarl likes this.
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Jojo will like it. He loves F1's.
    s33nyboy12 likes this.

Then never do them.

5th Gear

Status
    Jojo will like it. He loves F1's.
    jaardo, that is very mild for you on a Sunday evening mate, I was expecting at least half a paragraph of abuse !

I feel in adequete now, I remember when you just didn't give a **** lol
    come on mate I think your going soft , give me your OPINION :-)

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Reverse Gear

Status
    WHY WHATS THE PROBLEM ???

5th Gear

Status
    WHY WHATS THE PROBLEM ???
    scroll down the forum homepage to the a4 section, about 1/3 of the way down if that. It says a4 on it

Reverse Gear

Status
    THANX FOR THAT FOUND WAT U MEAN LOL

6th Gear

Status
    That pretty poor for an s3 big turbo 300bhp.

If i had a bit turbo s3 and it was running 300bhp I would be P1ssed lol

wonder what turbo he had fitted? minimum reasonable size turbo would be a gt28rs and even there capable of going over 300.
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
    That pretty poor for an s3 big turbo 300bhp.

If i had a bit turbo s3 and it was running 300bhp I would be P1ssed lol

wonder what turbo he had fitted? minimum reasonable size turbo would be a gt28rs and even there capable of going over 300.
    I think I should report that video, he is giving yellow big turbo S3's a bad name

3rd Gear

Status
    Does anyone think its possible for a 300 bhp s3 to hold its own against a 355 ??

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    I've owned two 4WD cars in my time, a highly tuned turbo V6 Audi 80 estate and a string of land rovers and discoverys. 4WD does not = driving enjoyment for me.

Agility and raw handling make me happy, coupled with lots of boost
    This is screaming out for you to go and jump in a Lacia Delta Integrale, Evo V, subaru sti, or a Porker turbo, where they are built not to understeer and designed to have the rear end hang out which means driving enjoyment
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Goubo1 View Post
    Does anyone think its possible for a 300 bhp s3 to hold its own against a 355 ??
    i think so yeh

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    i think so yeh
    I think not.

300bhp vs 375bhp.

277.77 bh/ton vs 206bh/ton (ish).

Not a hope in hell at anything but a standing start for the first two gears. The 355 is 100kg lighter and 75bhp more, the maths don't add up.

The one in the video is a Berlinetta, so the launch will be nowhere near as slick as a manual and you will have transmission slippage. Once up to third gear it eats the S3 up.
    Goubo1 likes this.

Then never do them.

Down under

Status
    THANX FOR THAT FOUND WAT U MEAN LOL
    Also the caps lock key is in the middle on the left.

Now, resume willy waving. Personally I'd like to see it up against a K03S. The 355 wouldn't know what hit it.
    s33nyboy12 likes this.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

She's got surprisingly good chebs by the looks of it.
    Paradox1 and Goubo1 like this.

Then never do them.

3rd Gear

Status
    I think not.

300bhp vs 375bhp.

277.77 bh/ton vs 206bh/ton (ish).

Not a hope in hell at anything but a standing start for the first two gears. The 355 is 100kg lighter and 75bhp more, the maths don't add up.

The one in the video is a Berlinetta, so the launch will be nowhere near as slick as a manual and you will have transmission slippage. Once up to third gear it eats the S3 up.
    Going by the stats the s3 has no chance

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Going by the stats the s3 has no chance
    power to weight isnt the be all and end all. its about as meaningful as all out power figure.

useably power band is what counts, and torque, the ferrari will be screaming its tits off to be at peak torque/power.
    a 300hp s3 will have a wider power band for sure.

just googled the 1/4 times, easily acheivable by a 300hp s3!
    Goubo1 likes this.

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    power to weight isnt the be all and end all. its about as meaningful as all out power figure.

useably power band is what counts, and torque, the ferrari will be screaming its tits off to be at peak torque/power.

I agree, just because its on paper doesn't mean that's it full stop. I race a stock car 700kg Citroen ax gt, 1.4 8v. Some people in the same class use 1.6 16v 106 gti's, again weighing 700kg. I run rings round them.. Im not disagreeing the Ferrari would eventually have the upper edge, but I think standing starts, and a few different speed rolling start races the s3 would give it a good run for its money..

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

3rd Gear

Status

Never thought about it like that,I always thought better power to weight ment faster acceleration and over all power was top end

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Swings and roundabouts. The Ferrari will be creaming it when the K04 has run out of puff.

If you were talking similar power figures then maybe, but 75 bhp, and comparable torque.

The two aren't even comparable above 10mph. Especially given the longer gears of the Ferrari.

Here's a wheel power graph for a 355, looks pretty good to me. The power band theory is great, but in terms of all out performance it isn't all that. The fastest race cars have **** all torque and 1500rpm power bands.

Then never do them.

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

As a standard car it is almost three seconds quicker over a 1/4 than Westys and 0.2 seconds quicker to 60.

There's a video below which shows a hydro-manual (slower than manual) eating up an S3 which we must assume has a GT28 as soon as they get to third gear. What's to argue?

Then never do them.

Down under

Status
    The fastest race cars have **** all torque and 1500rpm power bands.
    Hmm I wouldn't be so sure. Gearing also plays a big part of keeping a highly strung engine "on the boil".
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

6th Gear

Status
    As a standard car it is almost three seconds quicker over a 1/4 than Westys and 0.2 seconds quicker to 60.

There's a video below which shows a hydro-manual (slower than manual) eating up an S3 which we must assume has a GT28 as soon as they get to third gear. What's to argue?
    Westy`s car as it is now? 3 secs quicker over 1/4? so the 355 does 10s? Even MUCH quicker supercars cant even break past 11s

EDIT: I guess you meant 0.3 secs quicker over a 1/4 looking for myself. Also as most people forget that was only like 270bhp figures. 30bhp and 40+ more torques is going to eat up those figures to probably bring it on par. Obviously as we`re saying up to a certain speed then its hands down Ferarri win.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Westy`s car as it is now? 3 secs quicker over 1/4? so the 355 does 10s? Even MUCH quicker supercars cant even break past 11s

EDIT: I guess you meant 0.3 secs quicker over a 1/4 looking for myself. Also as most people forget that was only like 270bhp figures. 30bhp and 40+ more torques is going to eat up those figures to probably bring it on par. Obviously as we`re saying up to a certain speed then its hands down Ferarri win.
    Correct my man. Only 265bhp. So that means I can now destroy Ferraris yay
    superkarl, Jason.s and kwistof like this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

moderately amusing

Status
    fred, just so you know mate! your taking me out for a spin son!
    .................................................. ..........

Status
    No word of a lie, was just sitting down to eat dinner and a red 355 just drove past my house! I had a little chuckle to myself.

Fetch me my car keys...
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

3rd Gear

Status
    what speed did you cross the line at when you done the 13.2 ?

Status
    what speed did you cross the line at when you done the 13.2 ?
    I'm not sure. I don't think they were recording terminal times last year.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm not sure. I don't think they were recording terminal times last year.
    do you think you could break into the 12s now ?

Status
    do you think you could break into the 12s now ?
    Really not sure. I'd need the best start and gear changes possible.

The latest map is a different drive to the revo stage 2 that recorded the times in my sig so who knows what's possible.

I'll be running this year at Shakespeare so we'll see.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Weight loss with naff all fuel and a man spec launch with perfect shifts could do it I bet.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Weight loss with naff all fuel and a man spec launch with perfect shifts could do it I bet.
    That's a good shout. I still had the rear folding seats and over half a tank of fuel last year!
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Hel easily be in the 12s, EASY. Said it before daft ******** interrupted, and il say it again. 300hp s3, 355 is fair game!
    Goubo1 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast