Ko3/k03s conversion agu engine

Chris_38

Reaction score
So today I started to strip my audi 1.8t sport , I brought the car with the turbo gone literally plumes off smoke out the exhaust , so I gav it a rev an u could tell the turbo wasn't spoiling up , so anyway I bought it got it brought bk on a recovery truck an when we got bk there was an oil trail from the exhaust were the back box joins to the centre pipe , we got the car off the truck but it was late so I pushed it on the driveway an tht was that , the next day I went out in the morning an all out the end of the back box an the join there was oil all over the drive lol , I took the intercooler off ( standard one ) an it was full off oil when I took the pipe of the top it jus ****** oil everywhere oil again , roughly about 1.5 litres if not more , cleaned it all out , an then refitted it , toolkit the exhaust off so I can now replace the turbo an that's full of oil to , plus I can't get my back box off , I carried on removed my coolant , turbo mount, an oil feeds , before u kno it the turbos of, an I didn't get it out a little research an people are saying it goes down ( thou the exhaust channel ) an up thou were the manifold , so I tried both I couldn't get it down so I removed the manifold an then brought it up , I'm about to order the turbo k03s an gaskets an ill repost when it's arrived etc , but it's a pretty straight forward job jus common since , ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageMy friend came round an also pointed out to me my forge splitter had been put on the wrong pipes an that's probably wats cause my TURBS to go, I got some centre caps for my wheels an the didn't fit I had to chop the centre out of them to make hem fit in properly , ImageImageImageImageImage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
To me it seems that the bolt came undone an it was flying around near the blades , the shaft the bolt holds is loose as well lol it's fuked properly lol

To me it seems that the bolt came undone an it was flying around near the blades , the shaft the bolt holds is loose as well lol it's fuked properly lol

that bolt was there when you took the picture !!! , no wonder its flooked lol . wonder where the bolt came from ??

ah , right , the bolt was holding the compressor wheel on , Friday build then lol

that bolt was there when you took the picture !!! , no wonder its flooked lol . wonder where the bolt came from ??
Ye I removed the turbo an cud see the shaft moving so I took the casing off an there it was , it mad I think A3 - lee right because if it jus came undone it should of happend 1000's of miles ago its not snapped either but f*** kno I bought it pretty cheap so I dnt mind buyin a turbo ( an there no point putting a standard one bk on )

Ahahhaa nah the misses is the best if I pass her something that's Spose to be shiny shell polish it etc , she loves gettin involved this ones for her I rekon if I was to have one I'd put k04 an injectors etc , I'm going to decat this an front mount it remap an leave it like that the only thing I get moaned of is the neighbour lol cuz the exhausts full of oil it's smoking still lol