Trip computer - display losing digits

spiker

trying to growl less these days
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone else seen this problem with what looks like missing lines in the display on the trip computer

Sometimes its fine - sometimes its not and then sometimes the lines gradually after a few minutes appear again

On some occasions its actually difficult to read my MPG or time for example

Any suggestions ?

You need a new cluster bud.
I have the same problem with it fading when its warm, It actually works better in the cold.
Not much help but I think replacment is the only way to go.
Deano.

ok buddy - any idea how much and what part number ?

Are you sitting down? The cluster is £350 +vat. Then you need to it recoded by audi due to the immobiliser thats inside the unit. So what ever they charge for that.

I have learnt to live with mine.

Mine has been knackered for almost 2 years, I just leave mine off these days, surely someone must have an easy cheap/temporary fix for this problem, £350+vat for just the parts is just a joke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I'll get it fixed once I've run out of things to do on the rest of the car though...

I've got the same thing. A couple of missing lines of pixels on the right hand side. Tends to get worse in the cold weather and when not been used much. Not sure I want to pay the money for it to happen again, as it seems to be a common problem.

£350+ Audi charge to recode

**** that , I'll put it with it for now

Sometimes I still wish I had my golf.......never seemed to go wrong and a LOT cheaper to run

That new golf TDI is looking more and more attractive