Retrofiting recaro seats help needed please

simon_lenard

Reaction score
Hello dear members I trying to retrofit recaro seats. Below we have diagram how I am planning to do it - basically I will run double core wire from power distribution relay under steering wheel to centre console and then I will split that cable into two feeds for both seats. I will use 25 amp cable and 20 amp fuse in line. Will that work? Also what is that little plug with two brown cables under the seat what is that for is it for memory? Thanks for help ta Si

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 95
Hi there bud, I have run my power feed from 75x as its an ignition live so wont drain power whilst car is off. Not sure if 20a will be sufficient, sure its a 30/35a fuse in the standard wiring. Not too sure on the small plug but these seats dont have a memory function

Thank you very much I thought I had it wrong regards Si
one more thing I forgot to ask do I need car cable or can I get something from b&q or something?

Last edited:
Hi, i've been trawling the internet for the past week and finally have found your thread which has given me the courage to wire in my recaro seats too! I have the same plugs under the seats as you but i'm stumped as to how you are going to connect the wire to the red plug under the seat? Are you going to cut it off and use blocks? What about earthing it?
I take it not wiring in the yellow plug is OK because that's just the airbag?

As you can probably tell, i'm a complete newbie to electronics. Wish I paid more attention in class now...