Headlight adjuster screw/cog

Rs6mick

Reaction score
Hi people looking under the bonnet of my s3 today and noticed one of my headlights is missing the screw and cog that adjusts it so I thought I can just buy them from Audi but looking at the etka online on the web and it looks like you cannot buy them on there own can someone please help me or point me in the right direction

thanks

I had this problem too, the garage who did my MOT managed to stick a nut on the adjuster.
Audi will want to replace the whole headlight if you let them touch it.

Hi

I assume you're left with this

7183340439_43bc45a57b_c.jpg

Cos this has fallen off?

7368570086_49612bba24.jpg

It's a bummer.

There is a thread somewhere on here where someone mentions where you can purchase this type of bevelled cog from. I think it was HPC Gears Home page I was going to send them a sample one and they'd make one that would fit.

Unfortunately without this cog the head lights flap up and down when you go over a bump and you cannot (obviously) adjust the lights.

Liam

Pull it out as far as possible and put a thick zip tie round it... :yes:

Aren't you supposed to calibrate the lights in VCDS and not really touch those? I just re-calibrated mine after sorting the front and rear sensors and it's miles better.

Aren't you supposed to calibrate the lights in VCDS and not really touch those? I just re-calibrated mine after sorting the front and rear sensors and it's miles better.

No, VCDS calibrates the motorised level adjusters. That puts the motors in theirs default home or middle position.

you then use the manual adjusters to aim the lights where they should be pointing.

the motors merely move both lights up or down a bit to compensate for the loads in your cars, Thats why you have sensors on the front and rear wheel. So that the car knows if there's more weight in the front or back.

liam

Ah ok. It is also possible to change the home/default position in VCDS too, if needed.

I had the cog missing on mine. i just went to a scrap yard pull one off of a car and fitted it to mine.