Clutch

Barclaygreyhound

Reaction score
Was driving home yesterday and when I put my foot on the clutch, the clutch stayed down it still wont come up. Has anyone had this problem before with their S3? The car has low mileage 34,000 miles and it’s a 00 reg. This is the second thing to go on the car since I bought it and I had it thoroughly checked out by www.car-checkers.co.uk. The heating element for the heated seats is broken. Does anyone know how much this would cost to replace or could you use a second hand element from another Audi model.

i know of someone who suffered same clutch problem albeit on a golf with the hydraulic clutch, you need to pull it back up manually, know that's no help. something to do with the hydraulic mech pressure if you keep slight pressure on clutch pedal, eventually it sinks. mechanic bled system, couldn't find a fault.

not my car, just a friends, but never happened again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hope that helps a little, but mechanic had encountered it a few times and just said all he could put it down to was the riding pedal constantly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

just went out and pulled it back up and ended up with a broken peg like white plastic piece in my hand. I can push it down now but its still staying down. There isnt a free flowing movement like there should be it seems to be catching.

You need to go to audi and buy a new clutch pedal and clip, cost me £22.50 from Swindon Audi. The jobs not too difficult, just a little fiddly. The hardest part is relocating the the clutch pedal return spring. Once you've take your old pedal out you'll see the weld has cracked.

cheers mate, thats sounds like what it is some cowboy mechanic that had a look at it was talking about a whole new clutch and mad money for labour. Its just all the audi garages are closed over here till tuesday with the bank holiday. thanks for your help.

I had a similar problem on my old '91 Celica - turns out it was the clutch slave cylinder that had seized and was faulty but it had done almost 100k miles and i never ride the clutch. For me the symptoms were that it started out quite rarely - I'd put my foot on the clutch to change gear and the pedal would stay in. I could put the toes of my left foot under the pedal to pull it out and everything would be as normal. This went on for a few weeks until eventually it wouldn't release. One new slave cylinder later, all was fine (nothing to do with the pedal itself) although don't know about the setup in an Audi. Good luck!

I have a friends who has had this problem twice on his Audi TT whilst in France pedal dropping to the floor. The audi dealership in France apparently just pumped the pedal back up. I'll speak to him and find out.