S3 TIP

price is so similar to samco id go down the samco route.

(having got the samcos myself)

that way of you decide to do the IC pipes in future you be able to get hoses to suit and in the same colour.

The Venair item is around £93 posted, cheapest Samco TIP I could find is £120 posted. The Samco TIP is pretty difficult to get hold of though, not many places have them in stock!

Awesome GTI had quite a few in stock when I was there just over a month ago!

What colour do you need? I got mine from forge motorsport. They had black, blue and red in stock at the time.

The Venair item looks good as well. Tbh, a silicone pipe is a silicone pipe and if you can get it for even a few £ cheaper, then I say go for it.

If it does turn out to be a lesser quality, then you can always send it back.

[ QUOTE ]
What colour do you need? I got mine from forge motorsport. They had black, blue and red in stock at the time.

The Venair item looks good as well. Tbh, a silicone pipe is a silicone pipe and if you can get it for even a few £ cheaper, then I say go for it.

If it does turn out to be a lesser quality, then you can always send it back.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever fitted one? Bit of a pain in the **** to fit!

I'd buy the Samco... tried and tested!

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever fitted one? Bit of a pain in the **** to fit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'll second that one! That flamin' solid coolant pipe and the gear linkage cables get right in the way!!

Found it easier to tighten the clip from underneath too.

I was after a black one, most places stock blue ones, trying to keep things standard looking under the bonnet, thought they were suppose to be easy fit for DIY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Does anyone know where I can just buy just one of the silicone hoses for the I/C's, as I only need the drivers side one, and fitting a FMIC to go with it, or do I have to buy the pair?

ditto the pain in the **** to fit.

i certainly wouldnt wanna get a standard TIP pipe back on. That was a pig to get off the turbo.

i thought about black then thought sod it, and went blue as all the Samco ones have Samco written all over the ends in white anyway.

i didn't find them much hassle to fit at all TBH and im usually useless.

The hardest part was removing the headlight for the o/s intercooler hose.