Have you ever seen your ESP light??

marctwo

Reaction score
Just curious but I have never seen my traction control light come on. I do drive like a granny most of the time but even on the occations that I have really been giving it some and even in the wet I have never seen it come on. Took a friend out after getting it remapped and he felt sure the light must be broken, although 4 newish Eagle F1s and Quattro power tend to make me think it's never even been activated.

Have any of you other Quattro owners managed to provoke it?

I haven't got ESP on mine but i can get all 4 wheels spinning in the wet if i try to. Have to give it some though and it doesn't really do the clutch any favours!

Yes used to come on often with Michelin Pilot Sports on but now with F1 GSD3's i cant remember the last time it came on, tyres must be working as they shud be hey

have had it on round abouts had to really work it, and once at a traffic light in damp which may have been a malfunction, otherwise never

Used to se it occasionally - but since the remap I see it V regularly!

The F1 GSD3s have helped, but its still a regular occurence.. (mind you, I do a LOT of miles, and I do enjoy my car!)

So there you go.. remap + FWD only.. Next car WILL be quatty!!

Mine often comes on when your really pushing it in damp conditions, it also cuts the power in some cases.

Yes, it sometimes comes on when going over potholes.

Does your dash light display when you switch ESP off? (it should)

yeh mine goes on when i go over a dirty pot hole!

[ QUOTE ]
Mine often comes on when your really pushing it in damp conditions, it also cuts the power in some cases.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whenever mines has come on, it always cut the power.
I thought that was how it worked ?

Mine comes on quite regular. As said above, mainly on unusual road surfaces such as pot holes and that. Sometimes it would be nice to switch it off completely as the drop in power is quite annoying when you are going some. Have wondered what the difference between esp and traction control is. If they are the same, why have a esp button if it does not go off completely?

Aaron

ESP button = fun button.

completely turns off traction control on mine. Its all down to the AWD from there on.

dunno what it is, but the car seems much faster too with ESP off....

[ QUOTE ]
ESP button = fun button.

completely turns off traction control on mine. Its all down to the AWD from there on.

dunno what it is, but the car seems much faster too with ESP off....

[/ QUOTE ]

i always presumed that pushing the esp button (light on) activated it, not switched it off?

Aaron

[ QUOTE ]

i always presumed that pushing the esp button (light on) activated it, not switched it off?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nope. The light comes on the dash to warn you it's disabled.

Im finding it cutting in a LOT at the moment.. mostly due to the sheer quantity of wet leaves over the roads round here!!!

[ QUOTE ]
haha, nope. The light comes on the dash to warn you it's disabled.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha, thats good to know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. I thought it was a bit strange that it couldnt be turned off.

Aaron (aka S3 newbie. lol)

I turned mine off the other day in the wet, came round the round about with low revs and thought i want a bit more so i could try to put a power slide, i dipped the clutch put my foot down and then the trouble started, all 4 wheels caught traction pulled me towards the kerb, then i corrected that and went the opposite way towards the central reservation, managed to correct that too, then went back across the road again 2 lanes only to see a cyclist so i swerved again and luckily the car came into line, heart pounding loudly.

got away with that one.

never seen it as I don't have one... as JoJo said, ESP is for wimps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

I think the Quattro is so good there is only a few times I would have seen it, that was mainly when there was mud etc at the side of the road.

[ QUOTE ]
Mine hasn't got ESP, a proper drivers car!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Snap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I take it those S3's without ESP have TCS instead or do they have nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing at all, mines a very early T-99 S3, didn't have a strut brace neither /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif , so in the wet, it's possible to get a 4 wheel drift in mine, if provoked hard enough, only safety drivers aid I have is ABS and my right foot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif