S3 air bag light, resistors or remove it all?

N4 HKG

Reaction score
Hi all, I've stripped out my year 2000 s3 and I'm going to be using it for a weekend toy / track day car, since removing the seatbelts and seats that were all wired in the air bag light has came on, I've done some searching and seen that you can wire in resistors to fool the system, but i can't find what type I need and where to get them from?
I've also read some people removed all the air bag/pretensioner wiring and blacked out the warning light, is it easy enough to get behind the cluster on an s3? Also will it still pass the MOT even if the light doesn't come on when the ignition is turned on?

Which of these would be the best option in your opinion, any help would be great, thanks Gary.

Right guys, i plugged in the Vag com and it let me in to turn off the passenger air bag but all the other channels just say error and it can't read them, could anyone shed some light on why that is? Cheers Gary

Hi,
need to replace the front passenger airbag -how do I remove it ?
I've found the torx screws behind the plastic cover and the two in the glovebox.
What else needs to be removed?
I understand I need to remove the battery before disconnecting the airbag unit itself.
Thanks

I've found the A3 interior manual - so I'll use that.
Any hints/tips ? (apart from read the manual)