Getting extra perfomance from naturally aspired 1.8.

RaptorHunter

Reaction score
I am looking for small tweaks to improve, performance, of my A3 1.8 without raising fuel consumption too much, and decreasing reliability. Something like air filters, coil packs, etc. What do you sugest???

PS. NOOB Asking.

you wont get anything noticeable tbh so theres no point. an air filter and back box is as far as most would go as its pointless.

if you want to go fast, get a turbo'd 1.8T

Simples

you wont get anything noticeable tbh so theres no point. an air filter and back box is as far as most would go as its pointless.

if you want to go fast, get a turbo'd 1.8T

Simples

If I could I would, bit A3 are hard to come by in my country specially turbos, and I don't trust anyone selling me a used car, buying my current A3 was a nightmare, the car had trouble on top of trouble, the worst of all is the 01M Gearbox which was badly maintained, and is slipping 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, planning to retrofit a 5 speed manual.

I would say buy something faster then, or an engine conversion if your handy with a tool kit lol

I would say buy something faster then, or an engine conversion if your handy with a tool kit lol
If I had the money I would retrofit a 3.2 VR6 engine with a DSG gearbox, a fit a couple of turbos in there, a 50/50 Haldex. And I would disappear into the sunset with the soundtrack of 6 cylinders pumping decibels through the exhaust pipe. But is just me Daydreaming.