'POP' then a puff of blue smoke??

robloake

Reaction score
1.9Tdi 110 remap and decat, accelerating hard today in third, hit 4000rpm and heard soft 'pop' sound followed by a car sized puff of blue smoke, weird thing is it seemed to pull harder after the pop?? Got home and had look, no obvious signs of anything wrong, have driven it since and all seems ok, any ideas ?? .......... Rob

Checked the oil level? Worst case that comes to my head is a seal on the turbo has gone and it's burning oil. I did say worst case!

Reactions: Andy91
Oil level is fine and it only chucked out the one puff of smoke, had a turbo seal go before and it smoked continuously??

If it is a seal on turbo do you know could I get away with a turbo rebuild kit?, have seen them on ebay.
Checked the oil level? Worst case that comes to my head is a seal on the turbo has gone and it's burning oil. I did say worst case!

well if the oil level is fine, and its not throwing out blue smoke now, i would say you have sucked up oil mist thats been sitting in your intercooler, now the cooler is empty its boosting better

and FACT on all diesel tdis you do have oil misting in the intercooler and ive had the same thing a few times in the past, nothing to worry about dude

Yo Phil, think your right mate, had a new rad and cambelt fitted a couple of days ago and the mechanic reckoned the same. Took the old girl for a run up to brands yesterday with a couple of other lowered euro things, inevitably on the way back got a bit fresh down the motorway, as you do, not a wiff of smoke and boosting fine, did discover one thing, 16" rims with 40 profile stretchers on seriously lowers ya gearing !! Thanks for the info :)