Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    96

    help fitting a aftermarket steering wheel audi a3 8l

    hi all

    im fitting a aftermarket steering wheel to my audi a3

    so the thing is now my air bag light is on , i know i can fit a resistor but , ive been looking and it says i need to clear the fault code with vagcom , but i dont have a audi ecu its standalone so how do i reset it ?

    any one in the norfolk area with vagcom ?

    or a link to were i can buy it ?

    any help would be good

    thanks john

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    West midlands
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by jonno123 View Post
    hi all

    im fitting a aftermarket steering wheel to my audi a3

    so the thing is now my air bag light is on , i know i can fit a resistor but , ive been looking and it says i need to clear the fault code with vagcom , but i dont have a audi ecu its standalone so how do i reset it ?

    any one in the norfolk area with vagcom ?

    or a link to were i can buy it ?

    any help would be good

    thanks john
    a stan alone ecu ?? Don't think vcds will plug into this ??
    Audi s3 8l 2003 silver,brembo brakes,custom front mount intercooler,forged rods,acl race bearings,3inch tip,forge 007p green spring 1 shim,5mm hubcentric spacers,pipewerx 3inch down pipe/200cell race cat,2.75 miltek back non resonated,new piston rings,n249delete,pcv venting too atmosphere,neuspeed quick shifter,uprated clutch/pressure plate...large port agu head,inline fuel pump

    work left/relentless v3 manifold/wmi/blue haldex/antilag/launch controll/custom map!!!!!

  4. #3
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by darren t View Post
    a stan alone ecu ?? Don't think vcds will plug into this ??
    i know it wont

    didnt know if there is a air bag ecu

  5. #4
    jay1601's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kingsclere
    Posts
    1,236
    black electrical tape. turned my light out
    Audi A3 8L 1.8T breaking.
    front bumper, impact bar, slam panel, full engine and loom sold.
    everything else for sale.

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1601 View Post
    black electrical tape. turned my light out
    but for the mot they check that the light comes off then goes off new mot rules

  7. #6
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    West midlands
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by jonno123 View Post
    i know it wont

    didnt know if there is a air bag ecu
    there is a seperate moduel for airbag but don't think anything will work without ecu all linked I think not sure,what standalone sytem you running ??
    Audi s3 8l 2003 silver,brembo brakes,custom front mount intercooler,forged rods,acl race bearings,3inch tip,forge 007p green spring 1 shim,5mm hubcentric spacers,pipewerx 3inch down pipe/200cell race cat,2.75 miltek back non resonated,new piston rings,n249delete,pcv venting too atmosphere,neuspeed quick shifter,uprated clutch/pressure plate...large port agu head,inline fuel pump

    work left/relentless v3 manifold/wmi/blue haldex/antilag/launch controll/custom map!!!!!

  8. #7
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by darren t View Post
    there is a seperate moduel for airbag but don't think anything will work without ecu all linked I think not sure,what standalone sytem you running ??
    im running emerald k6 ecu every thing works fine with the emerald just need to get the light off !

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Fitting an aftermarket steering wheel
    By AlexGSi2000 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5th November 2012, 10:32
  2. Fitting Multi Function steering wheel...Plz Help
    By Biguni in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th June 2011, 14:13
  3. retro fit multi function steering wheel a3
    By wilkinson1 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th November 2007, 10:34
  4. Need help with pics of steering wheel and airbag
    By moogie in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th July 2007, 21:28
  5. Retro Fitting Multi Function Steering Wheel?
    By Von Maximo in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th April 2007, 18:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO