Slippery slope....

s3clarke

Money grabbing s3!
Reaction score
I'm covered in grease and I've been thrown down that slope where I cant go back haha.

Mods are only minimal at the minute, 80mm TIP, N429 delete, and S2000 air filter, but since replacing my squealing turbo my cars pulling harder than ever..... and I want more! :yum:

I was bidding on a 3'' downpipe and decat on ebay last week but missed it as I couldn't get on the internet where I was and lost it by £5 :( im pretty sure it was somebodys on here? that would have been ideal to of upgraded that whilst the subframe was out last week.

Well she's in for a cambelt kit the weekend, im hoping by the time the summers here it will be FMIC'd, 3'' DP, and ready for a remap.

p.s, does anybody know where those cheap FK coilovers went off ebay? went to buy some yesterday and they have gone :ohmy:

It's always the way mate, had my S3 5 months now and already spent a small fortune on it. Still, at least it's cheaper to mod than my Evo was!

Hahaha..... Deep pockets needed in the S3 Moneypit club...... It's never enough..... The sooner you embrace that the better.....lol It all starts the same..... Seen it so many times on here....lol

since posting this I have just purchased som AP coilovers, poly bushes for the fron twishbones and the rear trailing arms haha. this month it owes me..........................................................................just shy of a £1000

Ill take your £1,000 and raise you £1,150 this month! Ha ha. Shhh, don't tell the Mrs :-S

Reactions: s3clarke
Im sure between everyone on this forum, with the amount of money we have spent, we could pull britain out of recession......

Its a very slippery slow. I remember one guy the uk mk-vis had litterally everything on his car.... all the cosmetics, R 32 leather seats, interior, clocks,gear knob, trims, body kit, coils and at least 2 grand on wheels:ohmy:

To be fair when I sold my Evo and bought the S3 I had a few pennies left over for mods and wanted them done ASAP as the Evo was heavily modified at 500hp. I looked at the S3 8P but I prefer the S3 8L, more of what I perceive to be a "hot hatch". Newer cars just seem to be getting bigger and heavier!

My pal has an 8p and it just doesn't appeal to me :/ well once the goodies come through the post, its time to behave and save up again haha. yea my missis doesn't know I've just brought new suspension, she'd much prefer me to replace the broken spring haha

They just don't understand mate! Got my car back yesterday after having LCR painted blue Brembo's fitted. As far as she knows I just had my standard calipers freshened up. She won't even notice the black brembo decals on the calipers ;-)

If its not a bag shoes or something for the house they are not interested.....lol
I get all my stuff delivered to my mates garage....:rock:

Or to work.....

Does look a bit dodge getting on the train carrying a massive box lol

Yea I might just lower mine at work and keep quiet see if she notices lol.
My front end needs a freshen up as well, here it's where stop isn't it.. If I hadn't started spending it wouldn't bother me, but now I want it to look good, oh and go well lol.

Pmsl , the secret spending club :)
i do the same , all gets delivered to work , if it's not more sh#t for the house I'm hardly ever in its " we must start saving " sod that I've got a list of stuff the car needs :0
i have to look like I'm interested when we go into another boring conversation about cushions or flooring but mention the audi and all of a sudden I end up talking to myself !
Sod it I'm going to open another tab on my laptop and eBay something just for the sake of it :)

I'd send ur money else where mate, my standard DV is back on and performs better. Lots of people will agree too pal

shes never seen one of MY bank statements and in all honesty probably never will ;)
and everything I've ever heard or read has said bin the Bosch rubbish and fit a 007 !

YEah that what it was all about a few year ago. No we hear that the OEM wasnt rubbish, it actually works......:uhm:

If you`ve bought a new one then it`ll be the revised piston and it`ll be working properly with no leaks now. I bought mine over the standard because i had 2 standard brand new valves and both whistled their tits off. Dodgey batch possibly.

I need to get the service kit, had mine for about 3 years now and it flutters like a BIatch at 3k plus

Well I started the suspension upgrade the weekend, did the back shocks and springs, leaving the shocks loose until it was back on all fours, then tightened them up, came round to the front and realised I didn't have a 7mm Allen key for the top of the strut :wtf:
Not all was lost though as I decided as it started raining id finish the job tomorrow at work where I have an air gun, simples :laugh:

I will upload some pictures tomorrow.

I need to get the service kit, had mine for about 3 years now and it flutters like a BIatch at 3k plus

I bought my 007 in December and then emailed Forge asking for the service kit as I didn't want to have the problems associated with the 'old' piston. They sent the kit first class. Free. That sort of service means I'll happily buy from their products over and over again.

Reactions: Paradox1
for free? oh lol

good think I havent bought it yet.

I'll give them a call. Thanks Mate

I bought my 007 in December and then emailed Forge asking for the service kit as I didn't want to have the problems associated with the 'old' piston. They sent the kit first class. Free. That sort of service means I'll happily buy from their products over and over again.
I contacted them twice, and heard nothing back..

I did mate haha. I've got an Oem valve on which I like so it's all good