can i ran methanol kit without re tune my ecu?

GeoA3

Reaction score
My car has a custom map
I bought methanol kit can run it without new map?
My set is
A3 1.8t agu 98
K03 hybrid
Downpipe
Inlet samco
Fmic

Yes.... you can't 'tune' for it as such as that would require map tweaks but adding WMI with a sensible nozzle size will keep intake temps down and the power will be more consistent rather than dropping off due to heat build up

<tuffty/>

I have nozzle for about 260hp
So do i gain any more horsepower?

ok then i started install it
where is the best place to take boost source fot the boost switch?

cant wait to try it :)
can you post some pictures of the nozzle how did you drilled in the silicone hose?

cant wait to try it :)
can you post some pictures of the nozzle how did you drilled in the silicone hose?

Errgghhh!!!... don't use a crappy silicon nozzle adaptor... they are absolute rubbish...

<tuffty/>

Boss welded onto an alloy pipe... usually the FMIC outlet or a pipe coming off that... depends on the setup you have..

<tuffty/>

Tuffty. Do you know what size alloy pipe is needed 60mm or 51mm.
On a K04 install

Thank you ;)

60mm is std, depends if you have modded your pipework with a FMIC install for instance... if still running the std SMIC's then I would spend your money on a decent FMIC before going WMI..

<tuffty/>

mines here

welded boss on as Tuffty says

Has anyone experimented with nozzle position? I notice Phils is on top and spraying down. Mine is on the side so sprays across. Has anyone got theirs on the bottom spraying up? Wonder of there's a better position that ensures the best spread of mixture and reduces any risk of pooling :think:

Thats a good idea westy, Only think I would be worries about is spraying too much into the engine.

I think last year when I went to R-tech, Nick had quiet a few nozzles spraying on his car

Thats a good idea westy, Only think I would be worries about is spraying too much into the engine.

I think last year when I went to R-tech, Nick had quiet a few nozzles spraying on his car

Yeah you'd need to have the right amount of spray still. So instead of 1 medium sized nozzle, have 2 small nozzles.

I'm sure ive seen pics of some car with 2 or 3 nozzles on the metal charge people and no intercooler at all!

Thats crazy, I cant remember how many nick had but im sure it was more than 2. doesnt really matter as he kows what he's doing.

I think it all depends on the amount of air flow that goes through the thottle body. that way you can determine the amount of spray that the air can carry. if that makes sense.

probably best done on a dyno to get the correct setup. or maybe bill might know as he must do loads of these

60mm is std, depends if you have modded your pipework with a FMIC install for instance... if still running the std SMIC's then I would spend your money on a decent FMIC before going WMI..

<tuffty/>

Sorry I should of mentioned I have a V1 AH fabs intercooler set up so am guessing it will be the 60mm

Sorry I should of mentioned I have a V1 AH fabs intercooler set up so am guessing it will be the 60mm

The outlets still 51mm on those? fitted one a while back that had 63mm bends fitted to it...

If its the 51mm variant then you 'should' have 51mm 45 deg alloy bends either side... you can use those but if I were spec'n it again I would have attempted to get 60mm in there using either 51mm to 60mm 45 deg silicon off the FMIC and use 60mm alloy bends or better still get 90 deg 60mm alloy bends welded on to the FMIC like I did...

<tuffty/>

hmm a couple of small nozzles would give a better mist i would of thought, a part of me thought it was my meth that made ron burn a valve but now i think it was just valves that were on route to heaven and waited until 21psi boost was being played with

soo i better drill on the fmic pipe not the silicone one?

Yeah drill the alloy pipe and get a 1/8NPT boss welded in.

or

If your broke like me, use some chemical metal epoxy to seal it:arco:

soo i better drill on the fmic pipe not the silicone one?

An alloy pipe of some description yes... most people that are at the WMI stage will have a FMIC fitted... if you haven't then spend your money there first... most FMIC installs require a degree of custom pipework normally consisting of alloy pipes and silicon hoses... you would need to identify a suitable alloy pipe in your setup to use and get a boss welded to it...

You can see the boss I had welded on my original custom pipework here..
20100916_IMAG0300.jpg

<tuffty/>