S3 NEW ENGINE! QUESTION

TanyaS3

Reaction score
Hi all

Me again. OK.
Found an S3 £13,500 W reg
Now its got 77,000 on the clock but it has had a new engine fitted due to the canbelt snapping. The engine was fitted buy Audi's and their is a receipt 2 say fitted 15,000 miles ago. So new engine has 15k but clock will read 77. Their is a recepit for this.
Would u go for this and would i be able to re-sell easy?

thanks

Tanya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hi Tanya,

It would definately affect resale value when u come to sell it... and remember its not only the engine that gets worn, so the rest of the car would have also done 77,000 miles... Things do dtart to get worn at that point and may be expensive to replace...

If you dont mind me asking, whats you budget?

Rich

Hi

Yeah thats what I was thinking. My budget is 14k

thanks
Tanya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hi Tanya

That's high mileage for a W reg if you reckon that average mileage is 10,000 to 15,000 miles a year.

Not sure what the recommended interval for changing the cambelt is on S3 but it may be that it wasn't changed at the correct interval on this car. If so, this is a sign that it hasn't been properly maintained during its life and other problems are likely to occur too.

This sounds like one to walk away from unless you want to spend a lot of money on maintenance.

DSG = The aclaimed Direct-shift gearbox from Audi.

Prepares the next gear up ready for your decision to change up, thus shortening shift times. Allows for manual and auto shifting.

How much do you want for your Metro. Whats the Reg. Miles and stuff like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

J reg 1991
114,500k on clock
1.4 16v multipoint k series
Pipercross Vector Induction kit.
janspeed exhaust Seat Ibiza Splitter.
De-badged (apart from GTi)
Coloured coded bumpers.
Sparco gear knob.
Half leather interior.
Lowered
14” Team Dynamics alloy wheels in high power silver
Excellent condition

I do have it advertised at a high price knowing im going to get taken down. £1450 But what would you offer?

Tanya

My car is a
K reg
75,000 miles
excellent condition.
all standard

I payed £900 for it 4 months ago.

wouldnt have thought you would get much more than £900 - £1000 for it. Lots of miles. Mods just say its been spanked to me.

Im saving for me S3. So not looking for another metro.

Good luck selling it. Not sure if I want to sell mine. Just love spanking it about (showing the old Nova - Saxo boys how its done) lol.

Tanya

i can't reply to your PM as you haven't enabled them but funnily enough I don't want to sell my 18k car for 14k! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

had a 17.5k offer for it as soon as buyer has sold his BMW

in terms of pics a near identicla car is here:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/gallery/album12

so you see Mineral Grey is clearly the best colour

admin: apologies for x-posting but no Mineral pics in AS.net gallery

I would tend to agree to stay away from it - might by a symptom of bad maintenance.

However - I had to have my timing chain and cam belt changed after 14k miles. Only because I noticed this weird buzzing noise (those who were on a-s might remember last September). Turns out if I hadn't noticed the noise and taken it to the dealer, timing chain and/or cam belt may have snapped.

Maybe it was this that caused the cam belt to fail? Apparantly it's a common problem on the TT and S3?

[ QUOTE ]
Adam said:

so you see Mineral Grey is clearly the best colour

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:
[ QUOTE ]
tanya said:
how do i get my url at the bottom to display as picture instaed of link?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok goto tasks, my home, personla info bit then paste the following ... [image]url[/image] ...delete the url bit and put in the url address of your image...or ..
tanyasig.gif

just like that!

just call me paul daniels!!..he he he

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant do it
ill try again with my pic

yeyyyyyyyyy done it thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Saw a damaged repaired Cat D recorded S3 in Exchange and mart last week for about £11k. Low mileage too. That's what i'd go for!

[ QUOTE ]
tanya said:
yeyyyyyyyyy done it thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no problemo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif