BBS LM Spacer/Shim/Spindle Ring?

bl_1969

Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!
Reaction score
Hi Hi!

Need help if possible, two of my BBS LM's have part missing but I dont actually know what the technical name for the part is.

Its a sort of spacer that sits in the alloy wheel. Here is what some look like... but the website is in a forgin language... they dont have my size, I am looking for...

69, 1 for the wheel
57, 1 for the axel

Vymezovací kroužky | TUNING-CENTRUM.cz

Can anyone help me on where I can buy them and what is the actual name for them?

Spigot Ring!!! Cheers Alex.
Just checked and I can see plenty of places selling them... now that I know the proper name! :)

Yes, the BBS's are the real deal, got them from DPM performance. Probably worth more than the car now hahaha

See while we are chatting, I notice you have Bilstein B8's... same as me. See when I got them fitted, I got poly bushes fitted but I forget what the Part number was. Dont suppose you would know what it would be. The ones I have are powerflex ones.

The company that got them and fitted them shut down so I cant find out that way. I spoke to DPM Performance and they said they could help me out but needed to know this... "We just need to know if you have the cast or pressed front arms and also what size ARB you have."

Anyhows, if you dont thats fine, I will try and sort it out when I am back in UK, I am in Czech Republic at the moment.
Cheers again for the Spigot Ring thing, much appreciated mate.

Barry

Hi,

The reason i asked if they were genuine is that BBS do their own spigot rings which come as a fitting kit denoted PFS (precision fitment system) with a part number. The PFS kits contain a spigot ring and a locking ring that locks the spigot into the wheel so it doesn't fall out when removing the wheel, the spigot is made of aluminium i thing. One downside is that they are pretty expensive - over £60 i think for all four (it does include new wheel bolts)

more info in this .pdf (pg4) http://www.bbs-usa.com/BBS Hardware Guide_Oct_2011.pdf

The official UK supplier for BBS in the UK is www.rimstyle.co.uk; this is where i got my spigot rings from

My BBS Wheels are LM145 (18x8.5J ET25) and the PFS number for these onto my car was 09.31.293, but do double check which LM part number you have

re the bushes, i had all my bushes replaced with standard items so i don't know about your Powerflex part numbers I'm afraid. Not sure about cast or pressed front arms either...

Ahhhhh, I should have waited and checked here... I ordered some plastic ones yesterday day time, just plastic ones from the internet, like not nice BBS's ones. I was about 20 quid for 4.

I will check out them sites you mentioned and order the Aluminium ones from there tho. The two that I have are Aluminium, thing is, I really have no idea where the other two went to, I had them last year and took off the BBS's to put on my RSTT's with my winter tyres on (the LM's have summer ones... Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's), then the other day went to put on the BBS's as spring has sprung here... and they were gone! So cheers for that info, really much appreciated Alex.

My LM's are exact same as yours :) They are stunning huh! :)

No worries about the bushes, I will get that sorted soon, I will probably just get standard ones this time.

I never did get ARB's installed... did you notice a big difference when you got them fitted or did they come with your car when you got it?

I was thinking of doing a bit of work to mine, not done anything to him in ages but I have decided I will keep it forever and ever. Too attached to it now. It's like a comfy old slipper :)
So was thinking about some Brembos and ARBS, I would also buy them red caps for the LM's, might look ok.

Cheers
Barry

Yeah the wheels do look good but i don't think i have looked after them too well, could do with a refurbish if i'm honest. I was going to get those Red BBS center caps too to go with the red car.

ARBs: Yes i had standard ARBs to start with then later I changed to Neuspeed (22mm front and 19mm rear) but i also changed the shocks and springs, all new bushes, ball joints, drop links...... The whole lot at the same time; so attributing the major improvement in handling to a single item is difficult...but the car does not under-steer at all anymore which it did before and if you like corners it's a godsend and i attribute that to the ARB upgrade, so i would definitely reccommend upgrading your ARBs

Done deal for me then, ARB's next! :)

Cheers
Barry