audi clip tightening

• Thread starter imported_fingermouse
  • Start date
I

imported_fingermouse

just fitted a new cv boot to my S£ but how the hell do you tighten the audi clips. Is there a special tool or method to these anoying little things. Cannot use a jubalie clip as the clearence is too small. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

You hook the end with the holes over the tabs so its fairly tight. Then you crim the square loop together which tightens the whole thing up.

I use a pair of wide grip cutters which I sanded down blunt for the job.

If you look at the old clip you should see how its squashed where I describe.

yup tried that with some old pincers but even with a clamp on the end of them i can`t get it as tight as the original. And so it came off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know what you mean, its real fiddly. You need the pincers that have the double section arms on them. They work in the same way as bolt cutters with the extra leverage.

Maybe a set of tile cutters would do it?

ah ok got my dad on with looking for something today thanks.

hes got me a long handle pair of pliers (for £1.50 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) the tool I really neaded was out of stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . I will have to have another go this weekend just hope the tie raps hold. Anyone know off hand where else sells them online pref. ??