Help Please!!

*P3nfold*

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did the PCV delete from Westys thread today due to some split hoses.

On top of the oil filter housing is a 90 degree elbow (06A 103 213 F) and mine has deteriorate at the bottom and also has split.

I am worried about any elements from the bottom of the pipe going into the oil filter housing!!

I have driven 35 miles home after I used gaffa tape to repair the split, cleaned up the bottom of the hose and noticed no issues = engine temp, sounds etc....but when I got home as soon as the car was parked and the engine was off, I noticed no/little engine oil on the dlp stick but no low engine oil light.

Can anyone advise please?

pretty sure if you check oil in the morning it will be on the correct level on the dip stick.

check in the morning before you drive.
But the oil sensor is useless only comes on when its to late.
if low just fill up

Thats the block breather, mine broke too.
Its probably kicking out a bit of oil. Your car will need to settle to take an oil level, so maybe you havnt left it long enough. Just replace it asap

Possible the oil level sensor or sensor wiring is damaged?

Cheers guys. I will check in the morning. Any ideas on the cost of the block breather?

Also was the bottom of yours perished as well? I noticed this fits directly inside the oil filter housing?

the 90 degress elbow from the block was 30 quid from a seat dealer. tps would be a good shout.

I checked the engine oil this morning and no change.

What do you think guys is it worth dropping out the oil, taking off the sump, cleaning out the oil pickup pipe?

Well went to TPS for the part, I bought the oil filter, oil and o ring. They did not have a block breather on the shelf.

I managed to get the block breather from eBay and saved £15 compared to TPS which is a touch.

Sump gasket sealant from TPS is exceptionally high, Halfords wins lol.

I hear you have some good news Martin?

lol yeah I spoke to skills and he laughed, then explained that the gasket between the oil filter housing and block would not likely let any bits to go into the sump. I also checked that the dip stick as seated correctly, of which it was then I topped up the oil.

So all I need to do is replace the block breather and o ring then its all good. Working S3.

I must admit for the sack of £12.99 + £3.79 its worth just replacing these if you are going catch can like in Westys thread??

New and the old, was in a pretty bad state.

2013-04-17%252013.06.21.jpg

just done mine and it was a bit mangled at the bottom but i put it back anyway, havnt driven it yet but seemed sealed wish i had ordered new oens as i cba to take it apart again maybe when i fit my tip

If the bottom is mangled it actually sits in the oil filter housing and for £12.99 its cheap to fix. I used lots and lots of lube lol.