S3 Standard Brake Consumables Prices

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Hi All,

Just been looking into getting replacement Discs and Pads all round for my S3 as they're looking a bit sorry for themselves.

I have spent the last week or two trying to find companies that arn't a waste of space to supply them either OEM or genuine parts along with some suspension parts but that's for another thread.

below is what I found if anyone's interested:

S3BrakePartsCosts25Oct05.jpg

Note: The GSF prices are incorrect for the front pads as these don't include the wear indicator so they would be a little more expensive. Eurocarparts were all the ATE parts listed on their website with free delivery at the moment. GSF needed the brake code from the service book to give a better quote and recommended collecting from a store.

Websites below:

www.gsfcarparts.com
www.vwspares.co.uk
www.eurocarparts.com

I had also spoken to Vagparts about supplying brake parts last time I needed pads and they said after shipping they'd be about the same as Audi, which on the Pad prices above were double (about£80 for front pads from my receipt).
Cheers, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ben.

have you tried the audi dealer, I just got a drivers side outer cv boot kit from the dealer for £12 + vat. GSF didnt do them they said, vag parts was about 12 quid plus postage so the dealers can be the cheapest.

I have heard that Seat or VW can be chepaer than audi as they work on different profit margins but I havn`t prooved this yet .... anyone else tried ?

Thats a good job done as not only is my clutch dodgy at the moment but my pads are knackered too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

What would the quality and performance of the pads supplied by VWspares be like on a S3?

Isnt it safer to use original parts when talking about brakes?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I know the parts from EuroCarParts I chose are made by ATE and they are one of Audis suppliers - they had some other choices.

For VWSpares they are made by Febi and Zimmerman for the rear discs, I think again it's safe to assume all these parts are made buy manufacturers that supplied Audi with original parts at some point. GSF didn't say.

Fingermouse, I completely agree regarding Audi. The replacement interior parts and other bits I've ordered in the past from them have been cheaper or about the same after postage, however I have a receipt from the local VW part dept for £80 for front pads for my car that's about double all the aboce places for esentially the same part!