EM TuningChris Nott
    Numptie of the highest order

Status

S3 Standard Brake Consumables Prices

Hi All,

Just been looking into getting replacement Discs and Pads all round for my S3 as they're looking a bit sorry for themselves.

I have spent the last week or two trying to find companies that arn't a waste of space to supply them either OEM or genuine parts along with some suspension parts but that's for another thread.

below is what I found if anyone's interested:

Note: The GSF prices are incorrect for the front pads as these don't include the wear indicator so they would be a little more expensive. Eurocarparts were all the ATE parts listed on their website with free delivery at the moment. GSF needed the brake code from the service book to give a better quote and recommended collecting from a store.

Websites below:

www.gsfcarparts.com
    www.vwspares.co.uk
    www.eurocarparts.com

I had also spoken to Vagparts about supplying brake parts last time I needed pads and they said after shipping they'd be about the same as Audi, which on the Pad prices above were double (about80 for front pads from my receipt).
    Cheers, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Ben.

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_fingermouse

Re: S3 Standard Brake Consumables Prices

have you tried the audi dealer, I just got a drivers side outer cv boot kit from the dealer for 12 + vat. GSF didnt do them they said, vag parts was about 12 quid plus postage so the dealers can be the cheapest.

I have heard that Seat or VW can be chepaer than audi as they work on different profit margins but I havn`t prooved this yet .... anyone else tried ?

2nd Gear

Status

Thats a good job done as not only is my clutch dodgy at the moment but my pads are knackered too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img]

What would the quality and performance of the pads supplied by VWspares be like on a S3?

Isnt it safer to use original parts when talking about brakes?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Numptie of the highest order

Status

I know the parts from EuroCarParts I chose are made by ATE and they are one of Audis suppliers - they had some other choices.

For VWSpares they are made by Febi and Zimmerman for the rear discs, I think again it's safe to assume all these parts are made buy manufacturers that supplied Audi with original parts at some point. GSF didn't say.

Fingermouse, I completely agree regarding Audi. The replacement interior parts and other bits I've ordered in the past from them have been cheaper or about the same after postage, however I have a receipt from the local VW part dept for 80 for front pads for my car that's about double all the aboce places for esentially the same part!