Fix one thing, another thing breaks..

Beck

Reaction score
Hey, today I fitted a silicone crankcase breather hose as the original one had a nice hole in it. As I was changing this the top of the lower breather hose pipe just snapped off. So I have ordered that part I'm just wondering if it's simple to fit.

I presume I can undo the plate in front of the inlet manifold to gain access? I'm no skilled mechanic so I thought I'd see if anyone can point me in the right direction to fitting this. Is there anything else on the same line I should replace before I keep coming across hoses that are just going to wither away in my hand.

Thanks for any help!

If its the 90deg plastic pipe I think it is then its easy to remove but a bit fiddley under the mani. The pipe is held in with a clip and then a nice tight o ring just to make your life a bit more interesting. If the plastic has broken right near the housing just make sure there are no small pieces of plastic that has or can fall into the breather housing.

Mine broken just as I looked at it, I machined an aluminium fitting much like the billet one from integrated engineering except mine had nipple for a hose to clamp on and not an AN thread.

Scullies, are you talking about the one that is on top of the oil filter housing? The one that has broke on necks car is the one that goes down off the y shaped hose from the crank case, she has ordered a nice silicone replacement but, it just looks a lot more busy ( more hoses ) around there as her is an aum and mine being AGU,

S3dave, is it fairly straight forward to take the mani off? Would she need a new gasket when replacing the mani? I think becks has ordered some new vacuum piping for under the mani.

Last edited:
I'm trying to do this today.
Will this be a case of having to take my inlet manifold off to gain access or is there a clever way someone knows about?

I really need to get this done so help would be much appreciated.

i did it with the mani on. its just fiddly, not difficult though.
its not difficult to take the mani off, that way you can really inspect the pipes down there and prevent future issues

best advice i can give if your leaving the mani on is to smear grease on the o ring and on the housing, it will help it slide in to place easy, also if you can get the engine warm that will also help dude