Mk1 Seat Leon headlight switch

mattyboy199

Reaction score
MY S3's headlight switch is giving up i cant operate the fogs however all others switch on & off fine. At the moment i'm unable to find a good used exmaple however i can find what seems to be the exact same switch used in the seat leon & toledo which has the fog operation switches (twist out). Does anyone know what illumination colours the dash is switches came in ? green red orange or blue i'm guessing. I'm also assuming that the connection will be the same.

matt

S3 ones are different to others as they have self levelling xenons... LCR/A3 etc have a leveling rotary switch... don't know if the wiring is the same due to this

<tuffty/>

Hi

You messaged me in February about my spare switch, but I never got a reply from you.

I just kept an eye out on ebay (for a year till I got a good one)

Liam

put one from an a3 in mine, it works no problem. it does have the wee wheel for adjusting the a3 lights, but has no effect s3 lighta at all.

just looks better than the old one which was al worn.

mark

Does it have fog operation ? & how did you know it illuminated red ?

put one from an a3 in mine, it works no problem. it does have the wee wheel for adjusting the a3 lights, but has no effect s3 lighta at all.

just looks better than the old one which was al worn.

mark

hi i just made sure the doner car had front fogs, thought all a3 displays were red. if not i must have been lucky
mark

I have a Seat toledo headlight switch with rear fog operation if anyone is interested, it would suit an A3. Waiting on another with front & rear fog control to fit on the S3 so should have an answer on this soon.

So as expected the Seat switch fitted exactly as a S3/A3 would do. The dimmer unit can be swaped over by uncliping it from the fascia. Only real is issue is unclippling the electrical port from the back of headlight switch itself, you need to remove the fuse panel which is held in by about 6 torx screws & even then access is tight.

Unfortunately i later discovered my fogs weren't working because the fuse was lose & the rear fog bulb was bouncing around in the light cluster, however the panel is unmarked & the backlighting is red....worth it for £20

Reactions: MPH