Chris NottAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

whats the most your likely to see from a 210hp s3 with a standard turbo?

Hi all,
    So I've spent a while getting my car up to scratch. I'm at the point now where I want to start trying to get a bit more power from it although I am a bit weary having 126k on the clock.

I've seen lots of people fitting larger TB, plenum and injectors, will these still give you an increase with a standard turbo and a custom remap? What other mods will help improve performance?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

2. # ADS
    ADS

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Badger 5 TIP and filter, Relentless manifold and 3"dp/cat, meth, front mount intercooler, high comp pistons and rods = 300bhp potential.

A B5 TIP, a downpipe and a front mount will see 280 with the right tuner. Which is much nicer than nailing a tiny turbo open and running at maximum capacity.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, spend your money on chassis and drivetrain mods. For instance standard 312's struggle to stop an A3, let alone an S3. Upgrade to LCR Brembos.

A little more camber with some SilverProject (or whatever they are) top mounts, polybushed lower arms, a dcent suspension setup to firm up the weight transfer and body roll.

It all goes a long way, I would much rather a standard car that was right than a 300bhp nail.

The engine/go faster bits will cost half what it will to get the chassis up to that level.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Badger 5 TIP and filter, Relentless manifold and 3"dp/cat, meth and high comp pistons and rods = 300bhp potential.
    + FMIC

Totally agree with the rest of it though dude

Edit- forgot to add that with all the extra power and torque you want to make sure the clutch has some decent life left.....I've read so many posts with people's clutches slipping on the rollers whilst getting mapped or on the way home from the tuners!
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    + FMIC

Totally agree with the rest of it though dude
    Just put it in, too early. My brain isn't functioning right.

Then never do them.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    around 300hp can be achieved on a fresh K04 with all the mods...
    Badger5 stage 2 map

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    The most you are likely to see from a 210hp s3 is......

210hp

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    The most you are likely to see from a 210hp s3 is......

210hp
    lol, nice one

It all goes a long way, I would much rather a standard car that was right than a 300bhp nail.
    That's me, standard engine but over 2K spent on suspension and wheels....love it to bits. In fact i got pulled cus the fuz couldn't keep up around the corners lol
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

1st Gear

Status
    I've had my car nearly two years and I'm still on the standard map. I've sorted the brakes, fitted new clutch and LSD. Most of the stage two mods and I'm in the process of sorting out the chassis. I agree with the above comments it's defiantly the best way around to do it.

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    126k mile turbo is possibly a little tired dont you think to expect miracles from it.............
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex C View Post

That's me, standard engine but over 2K spent on suspension and wheels....love it to bits. In fact i got pulled cus the fuz couldn't keep up around the corners lol
    thats exactly what i did with mine. spent a year just upgrading chassis and suspension. and like you, loved it to bits

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    126k mile turbo is possibly a little tired dont you think to expect miracles from it.............
    Mine has done 120k and is still on the original turbo and actuator, still made 245bhp and 319 as you know.

I'd rather a turbo that has done 100k with no play which is fault free than something new and unknown. Get it checked out, but if it has got no play and doesn't smoke there is no reason not to ramp it up a bit surely?

But that's just me playing devils advocate, as I do.

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for all your comments guys;

16klappe - I agree that its a must to get the handling set up spot on too, I will be doing most of what you said in time as I see no point in having the car quick and steering like a boat as it does now. Do you feel your set up makes a really big difference??

- The FMIC will be a sure mod at some point.

tuffty - Cheers for the link, That spec is impressive from standard !.

Superkarl - very good

Badger 5 - The engine has 126k but I recently replaced the turbo, its been on around a year or so.

Cheers again guys,

Just to add, as before: has anyone got any comments on the upgraded intake manifolds? Throttle body? injectors ? Will changing these the size of these make a difference with a remap on standard turbo ?

Thanks Jon.

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    Mine has done 120k and is still on the original turbo and actuator, still made 245bhp and 319 as you know.

I'd rather a turbo that has done 100k with no play which is fault free than something new and unknown. Get it checked out, but if it has got no play and doesn't smoke there is no reason not to ramp it up a bit surely?

But that's just me playing devils advocate, as I do.

lol and that of course prove ALL high milers are ok..

and this is a k04... more lilely fecked run hotter -
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

Status
    "Just to add, as before: has anyone got any comments on the upgraded intake manifolds? Throttle body? injectors ? Will changing these the size of these make a difference with a remap on standard turbo ?"

Intake manifolds will make a negligible difference at this state of tune. With injectors being unnecessary on a std k04 generally, and i believe larger throttle bodies decrease power and torque at this level.
    Audi S3

''If a hammer doesn't fit it. it's technical''

AH Fabrications catch can for sale £50 posted!