4bar fpr+pump+costum chip

Loor

Reaction score
Hey

I have S3 1.8T with unknown chip. Its running great, but max pressure is 1.5bar. Tested with VAG-COM. I think its a bit too much cause dont have any other mods.

I know one guy who makes costum maps for Audi's. He told me that i should get 4bar fuel pressure regulater and better fuel pump(walbro or bosch) and then he would write a costum map for my car. He said that with 1.5bar there is probably not enough fuel and its pointless.

What you guys think? Should i go for these mods and costum map? Like to have a bit more power than at the moment with 0 mods and some unknown chip.

He's talking ****** mate..... You don't need 4 Bar FPR.... And you don't need uprated fuel pump...

If this guy is recommending that setup I wouldn't even bother getting a map from him mate... you DON'T need a 4 bar fpr especially for an unmodded engine...

1.5bar is too much boost for a stage 1... it will just get hot and pull performance... I wouldn't even consider getting the car mapped without a health check either... take it to a reputable place mate else it will end in tears

<tuffty/>

Actually he seems pretty aware with all kind of maps and stuff. I was posting this question because havent heard that somebody here have changed fpr and fuel pump with stock engine. How capable original fuel pump and pressure regulator is? How far you can go with these without changing(hp)? Its fine even with stage 2? What kind of modifications i have to do to get stage 2 map?

This guys home page: prj tuning

Where should i start then? Like it seems, its bad for my engine that im running with 1.5bar boost on some rpm's? Car was chipped before i bought it, so have no idea what kind of soft i have. Turbo is renovated almost year ago.

Engine works fine and have done health check many times. Or what kind of health check do you mean?

I am aware of the guy... he has a 'reputation' on Nef Moto too... he appears pretty clued up in fairness but... there is still no need for a 4bar... if you run out of fuel I would rather fit 550's and rescale... he should know this as he bangs on about how good they are on Nef all the time :)

<tuffty/>

So he has a good reputation there?:yes:
It means thats okay to let him write a new map for my car? I have no idea why he said that i should use 4bar fpr and better fuel pump, said that on 1.5bar boost i dont have enough fuel and i could melt my engine. But the fuel injectors are still stock so how it should make things better?

Im just a little concerned about this 1.5bar boost, cause it seems like all the others are running 1.3-1.4bar max.

By reputation I mean he comes across as knowing his stuff but is very arrogant about it tbh... I wouldn't say his reputation is good or bad just that he has one lol... shame as he berates peoples discussions and efforts on Nef from time to time stating its not the right way then never actually gives any details... which is what a forum like Nef is all about...

I think you are right to be concerned about running 1.5bar... and redoing the map so it still runs 1.5bar seems a little short sighted to me as he should be considering tuning to the hardware setup you have rather than the boost you are currently running... most stage 1 maps run to about 1.2bar max... if you are limited to using PRJ then I would at least just say thats the max boost you would want to be seeing at this stage...

<tuffty/>

i thought everything had to be running 30psi with mr prj? and low compression too :p

OP... you say 1.5bar as logged by vcds..REMEMBER thats only the map sensors maximum figure it can read... Gauge test it to see actual boost.

std 386cc s3 injectors will run out of duty cycle at ~280-285bhp in my experience..

What mods on your car to support the tuning?

As far as i know, dont have any other mods. I bought it five months ago and have driven so far without any problems with engine.
But now we tried to see is it stock or mapped.