Help with fault code

Grale1

Reaction score
Hi guys, plugged the car in to vcds lite and it came back with vehicle speed sensor implausible signal 16685, can anyone shed any light on this for me as I have no idea what it is and not sure where to look up the code given.

any help would be much appreciated.

Simon

Cheers tuffty, what would I need to do now, I know that sounds stupid best to take to a vw/audi garage and get them to have a look?

No... don't take it to a dealer... is the car driving ok at the moment? I assume there was something that prompted you to scan the car? and I am also guessing you have posted the wrong code as the code you gave is for a misfire not a speed sensor...

If its actually the speed sensor I assume you are having speedo or other gauge issues?... have you tried clearing the code and seeing if it comes back?

<tuffty/>

I plugged it into my friend vcds and she can't clear the codes for some reason, I've had no problems with the speedo apart from when I had the clutch done the garage forgot to reconnect some plug onto the gearbox as it didn't read a speed but the rev counter worked and the fuel gauge kept going up and done, but once connected it went back to normal, recently I have noticed or I think it has and that is the petrol seems to be going quickly on the gauge.

simon