Do i need new injector seals ?

dre_S3

Reaction score
found this the other day all the rest seem ok with only a little but if i need to change this one might as well do all is it the seals ?

IMGP0881_zps54ca5fc4.jpg

IMGP0882_zpsc8ca7d74.jpg

Its coming from somewhere dude ;P

New seals for sure... have seen loads where they have just shrunk and gone a little hard over time (fnarr!)... the injector bungs can also contribute but its mostly the seals...

<tuffty/>

ok mate thanks will get some seals :thumbsup: if i remember rightly there not cheap for little rubber rings ! i might do the bungs to can this be done with the inlet mani on ?

Seals are around £3 IIRC... bungs can be done with the inlet on no probs... just be careful tightening them as they are quite brittle... I used a little high temp silicon sealant on mine just because...

<tuffty/>

ok nice one will get on the phone and get some ordered thanks for the offer Sam but i should be ok

Careful taking them off, the little discs on the end of the injectors can get really brittle. Mine fell apart when taking the injectors out of the manifold and I was picking loads of bits out of the head for ages and then had to source new ones, which was a nightmare.

when you tighten the plastic insert dont go to tight with them as they split, if you need any let me know, im sure ive got 2 or 3 that i took out of an old mani

Careful taking them off, the little discs on the end of the injectors can get really brittle. Mine fell apart when taking the injectors out of the manifold and I was picking loads of bits out of the head for ages and then had to source new ones, which was a nightmare.

all mine came out ok mate but as you said that I'm getting them fully serviced including the little discs changed to