17963 maximum boost exceeded? intermitent boost problem??

well... i bought the v2 for now so i hope its ok, gonna get my mechanic friend to fit it all i think!-) got the 3 inch downpipe and a scorpion cat back... should see some fairly good power once its all bolted up right?
what we reckon around 280ish?

hey bill, im the guy who's been badgering you on the phone about porting my chinese turbo today... guessing it was you anyhow?

darren, whats wrong with the v2 then??

yea it was me you have been calling :)

V2, lesser quality welds and material... thinner.. BUT slightly larger bore... some 6.4% larger internal tube diameter over V3
V3 evolved from v2 and changed material spec and welding improved, and less weld joins.. It did also bring (well a general Relentless thing in my experience of seeing them these past 5 years) is Inconsistency of manufacturer. They are not all created equal.. Some fit and align better than others.. They are all a complete **** to fit tho.. Something consistent, lol

well... i bought the v2 for now so i hope its ok, gonna get my mechanic friend to fit it all i think!-) got the 3 inch downpipe and a scorpion cat back... should see some fairly good power once its all bolted up right?
what we reckon around 280ish?
well I'd be buying rods if I were you then start with the rest!
They will bend just a matter of time!
dont want you spending all this money then go bending a rod you will need a bank loan!!just like me:wtf:

Just got A new V2 in my hand now and ports are misaligned header is twisted and it has been what i can only decribe as clear laquered?? WTF

Last edited:
Just got A new V2 in my hand now and ports are misaligned header is twisted and it has been what i can only decribe as clear laquer?? WTF
i had v3 in my hand 2 weeks ago I sent it back not worth the hassle too much heat in my engine bay might aswell buy a big turbo kit!!time will tell

New V2.....

img1250eb.jpg

img1251ke.jpg

img1252pp.jpg

img1253kw.jpg

img1255w.jpg

img1256uz.jpg

Shown up to the light with an engineers ruler ...

img1257wu.jpg

Will it fasten down to the head like this??

Just got A new V2 in my hand now and ports are misaligned header is twisted and it has been what i can only decribe as clear laquered?? WTF

Sooner I get mine proven the better then........ Relentless are shooting themselves in the foot big time!
doh!

New V2.....

img1250eb.jpg

img1251ke.jpg

img1252pp.jpg

img1253kw.jpg

img1255w.jpg

img1256uz.jpg

img1257wu.jpg

Jeeez Dave, thats disgraceful quality.. Reminds me of their laughable v1's?!?!!

Who's selling V2's still then? XS Power? Relentless?

Thats terrible quality..
I would'nt be wasting my time fitting it personally.. Not like its an easy to fit item to fear having to remove it again given its likelyhood of cracking and blowing with warpage like that.. and misaligned.. whats the point? Stock one will work better than what you picture.

Yikes..

My v2 that I waited over a month to arrive - I feel sick!

And peed off too!

Requesting a refund as we speak...

holy cak, that is terrible! hope mine isnt that poor.... maybe i'll be asking for a refund if its like that!

[QUOTE
cut down pipe take it out up top! Lower gearbox on jack as far as you can disconnect gear selector cables and tuck em out the way I believe it or not can get mine off in about an hour!i do have a 3 inch already fitted makes it slot Easyer too fit down pipe you will need too lower subframe too change down pipe though![/QUOTE]

cheers darren, so im guessing as i havent even started or took the charge pipe off yet...

1. everthing i can possibly reach from the top
2. drivers side arch
3.drop gearbox and every thing should fall into place and the turbo and manifold will be off?
4.need some help with the subframe, do i just drop it a little on a trolly jack (after iver marked it all) and slip the down pipe through?

my mate quoted me 250-300, he said in audi's book they allow 8 hours for a turbo change!!!!! to be fair he told me i know what im doing and will be better of doing it on my drive with him popping round if im stuck... cheaper and im being lazy he said, right i guess lol... done my old mr2's turbo and mani sitting on the engine and that was a nightmare... prob that putting me off more! had anothe garage quote 950!!

am i really gonna be in rod bending territory!!? should i stick with the stage 1 map until i do the rods?

also can you do the rods on the car or is that a ridiculous question? lol

Sooner I get mine proven the better then........ Relentless are shooting themselves in the foot big time!
doh!

no teaser pics of this manifold - you know the rules, pics or it didn't happen :laugh:

Glad to see someone committed to produce a quality product - hopes it passed the test :arco:

hey you *******s!-) stop hogging my thread!!! lol.

got a fairly good update, sort of... read on the other similar thread thats running a guy stopped the code/limp mode after finding a split in his dump valve to charge pipe. i had checked mine visually and it looked new so left it alone. thought for the hell of it i'd throw that forge split -r on and in the process discovered the cheap ebay one was unscrewed charge pipe side (i.e the nozzle that screws in that the hose clips too), long story short im not hitting limp mode now! must have been just enough of a leak to mess with the sensors!!!

well touch wood anyway, boost doesnt spike now and is much smoother and holds at 1.2-3 bar until near the redline... limp mode was hitting around 1.5-6 and ive not seen over 1.4... unplugged the n75 and its still creeping as miracles havent happened but at least its under control it seems...

might hold of on fitting the mani and doing the turbo for a while so i can enjoy the car for a while and pay someone to do it in a few months when im flush again... maybe see how badger 5's new creation turns out too.

New V2.....

img1250eb.jpg

img1251ke.jpg

img1252pp.jpg

img1253kw.jpg

img1255w.jpg

img1256uz.jpg

img1257wu.jpg

Hi guys, just thought I would add, this is not a relentless v2 manifold. It is a copy but for some reason was sent to Imran. I have no idea why but it will be replaced without question. I can assure you the relentless owner was shocked to see something as bad as this send out. All genuine goods are branded packaging. This was a mistake, but will be sorted.

hey you *******s!-) stop hogging my thread!!! lol.

got a fairly good update, sort of... read on the other similar thread thats running a guy stopped the code/limp mode after finding a split in his dump valve to charge pipe. i had checked mine visually and it looked new so left it alone. thought for the hell of it i'd throw that forge split -r on and in the process discovered the cheap ebay one was unscrewed charge pipe side (i.e the nozzle that screws in that the hose clips too), long story short im not hitting limp mode now! must have been just enough of a leak to mess with the sensors!!!

well touch wood anyway, boost doesnt spike now and is much smoother and holds at 1.2-3 bar until near the redline... limp mode was hitting around 1.5-6 and ive not seen over 1.4... unplugged the n75 and its still creeping as miracles havent happened but at least its under control it seems...

might hold of on fitting the mani and doing the turbo for a while so i can enjoy the car for a while and pay someone to do it in a few months when im flush again... maybe see how badger 5's new creation turns out too.

so you have replaced a leaky dv with another slightly less leaky dv then ;)

dump the split-r dude..
New 007 or 008 or stock << They dont leak

So let me get this straight you had a leak between dv/ turbo outlet??? I have no boost creep and still hitting over boost on part throttle if I plant my foot down I do not hit over boost!when on and off throttle I get over boost I'm going too try swapping my dv today with another 007p and see I only have a preload of 0.4 bar ??????
holds boost well and cannot find any leaks!

so you have replaced a leaky dv with another slightly less leaky dv then ;)

dump the split-r dude..
New 007 or 008 or stock << They dont leak
so a leaking dv can cause over boost bill as I was under the impression a leaking dv would not hold boost/make boost?

im still hitting overboost, went out last night and it came back grrrr... will start taking the turbo off for bill soon.

darren, all the ecu needs to detect is 2oomb outside of its requested bar to engage soft limp as far as i know... what about your boost pressure sensor?

im still hitting overboost, went out last night and it came back grrrr... will start taking the turbo off for bill soon.

darren, all the ecu needs to detect is 2oomb outside of its requested bar to engage soft limp as far as i know... what about your boost pressure sensor?

CN hotiside and undersize wastegate apature = inevitable boost creep and control issues
:(

i will stop avoiding the issue and have it off tomorrow hopefully!-) is it easier to just take the hotside off for ya?

one last call before i take the turbo off in the morning... absolutly anything else this could be??? weak actuator spring has come to mind, or badly adjusted actuator??? a b it a wild swing in the dark!

finally any pointers on turbo removal?

one last call before i take the turbo off in the morning... absolutly anything else this could be??? weak actuator spring has come to mind, or badly adjusted actuator??? a b it a wild swing in the dark!

i tried everything genuine cost me an arm and a leg tuffty/bill is 200percent correct boost creep and good luck getin the turbo off leave return pipe connected at turbo obviously and water return!undo bolts while car hot turbo too manifold and don't remove turbo bracket bolt untill last but make sure you crack it first!!

thanks people, got two mates round to help... should be ok if the weathers good!

darren, water about oil and water in feeds dissconnect at the turbo?

p.s, ive been on a few bike and car forums and never have people been so helpful as here... much appriciated. scooby.net lot are useless... guess thats why i felt such a **** driving it haha. even with the probs loving the audi, my mate picked up an a3t sport with an amd stage 2, stainless ect for 900 quid... that thing is rapid! 208bhp and 243lbsft of torque and a lot lighter santa pod retro show here we come!-) also bought a badger 5 tip on ebay just now!-)

thanks people, got two mates round to help... should be ok if the weathers good!

darren, water about oil and water in feeds dissconnect at the turbo?

p.s, ive been on a few bike and car forums and never have people been so helpful as here... much appriciated. scooby.net lot are useless... guess thats why i felt such a **** driving it haha. even with the probs loving the audi, my mate picked up an a3t sport with an amd stage 2, stainless ect for 900 quid... that thing is rapid! 208bhp and 243lbsft of torque and a lot lighter santa pod retro show here we come!-) also bought a badger 5 tip on ebay just now!-)
no at block!!!

weak actuator = less boost dude

straw clutching.......... think you may have run out now :(

Cheers ppl, turbos off with no major issues! I'll do a write up later... What address bill?