Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 17963 maximum boost exceeded? intermitent boost problem??

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacee View Post
    Guys

I am having something similar. In 6th gear around 130-140 Kph I am losing turbo boost. It's like I'd have a minimal but can't feel any real power. If I stopped the car then restart it, there is still no boost but after a few minutes it's back!
    Where to start? (ASZ, 8L, PD TDI 2003). Thanks!

Oh, a small to add, I have had around 80-100 fault codes since I bought the car (obviously something st*pid since it says ie.: quattro failure which would be great if I had a quattro but indeed I am not having one, it's FWD). The car was 'great' until yesterday, now I got the boost issue.

Cheers,
    Overboost fault code? it will be sticking VNT vanes in the turbo...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2. # ADS
    ADS

silver sleeper

Status
    cheers dude, after climbing all over the engine with the missus iphone on record i video'd the impossible bit to see and theres no blue plate although theres a raised rectangle area where it should be... do them plates fall off??? im guessing not? couldnt get it clear enough to see writing and barely tell the colour, bit oily...

guessing i have a chinese copy...?
    1999 apy s3, black & blue interior,dare bbs lm's, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, stock dump valve, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover and push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd stage 2+ remap 280.3bhp 263.9 lb/ft.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well, I am having various codes. Starting from airbag,quattro, temperature, steering wheel positioning, and so on. probably overboost too. Sadly I do not have the list with me right now. This is my first Audi (and PD TDI), what is VNT? I understand it's something with the vanes

(Also 5 days ago, the parking aid went wrong. Making the constant noise. Sensors are ok, according to VAG(?) it says low low volt in circuit or similar... but we could not find anything with the cables at the PA box)

Thanks anyway!

silver sleeper

Status
    im thinking of doing a race manifold, downpipe, sports cat and stainless anyway should i just bite the bullet and buy this?
    96-03 A4 Passat 1.8T 1.8L K04 KO4 K03-S Turbo Charger Upgrade Bolt On 300HP | eBay

uuuurgh, it looks a right pig to get off??????? thought my old mr2 turbo, turbo and manifold was hard to change!!! least i could sit on top of that!-)
    1999 apy s3, black & blue interior,dare bbs lm's, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, stock dump valve, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover and push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd stage 2+ remap 280.3bhp 263.9 lb/ft.

silver sleeper

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacee View Post
    Well, I am having various codes. Starting from airbag,quattro, temperature, steering wheel positioning, and so on. probably overboost too. Sadly I do not have the list with me right now. This is my first Audi (and PD TDI), what is VNT? I understand it's something with the vanes
    Thanks anyway!
    dont mean to be rude mate but can you not start your own thread rather than hijacking mine?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sure! Not rude of you, sorry, I may have not read all the forum rules. I thought the fewer the topic/thread the better the forum is

Apologies!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by justarn View Post
    cheers dude, after climbing all over the engine with the missus iphone on record i video'd the impossible bit to see and theres no blue plate although theres a raised rectangle area where it should be... do them plates fall off??? im guessing not? couldnt get it clear enough to see writing and barely tell the colour, bit oily...

guessing i have a chinese copy...?
    Sounds like it sadly... they don't generally fall off...

Copy K04 for reference...
    K04 - 023 Audi S3 TT Quattro Seat Leon 1.8L BAM Turbo Turbocharger New | eBay

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

silver sleeper

Status
    thanks mate, if im honest i think your boost problem is unrelated to mine, just by fully reading this thread from the begining theres lots of things you could try... looks like i have a leaking wastgate due to a previous owner fitting a kak turbo...

silver sleeper

Status
    cheers tuffty... so are you 99% sure this is my problem now? i have some spare cash atm and this ko4s seems worth doing if im doing the manifold and downpipe? should i?? has a blue tag lol???? what you reckon

thanks so much dude, dunno where i'd be without ya.

silver sleeper

Status
    im thinking of doing a race manifold, downpipe, sports cat and stainless anyway should i just bite the bullet and buy this?
    96-03 A4 Passat 1.8T 1.8L K04 KO4 K03-S Turbo Charger Upgrade Bolt On 300HP | eBay

uuuurgh, it looks a right pig to get off??????? thought my old mr2 turbo, turbo and manifold was hard to change!!! least i could sit on top of that!-)
    this any good?

silver sleeper

Status
    its passat but i guess i can clock it round, will it fit??

2nd Gear

Status
    It's the exshaust side that's ****e... Blue tag means nothing really a genuine kkk hotside is what your after as tuffty said its Chinese had exactly the same issue thanks too tuffty and bill all good now....I bought a genuine hotside and used Chinese turbo no leaks ect all good now as long as it has writing on exshaust side ie numbers or kkk imprinted into it!!!
    Audi s3 8l 2003 silver,brembo brakes,custom front mount intercooler,forged rods,acl race bearings,3inch tip,forge 007p green spring 1 shim,5mm hubcentric spacers,pipewerx 3inch down pipe/200cell race cat,2.75 miltek back non resonated,new piston rings,n249delete,pcv venting too atmosphere,neuspeed quick shifter,uprated clutch/pressure plate...large port agu head,inline fuel pump

work left/relentless v3 manifold/wmi/blue haldex/antilag/launch controll/custom map!!!!!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    this any good?
    No... different turbo all together... you will have to buy one from an S3, TT or LCR... or just get the wastegate ported... Bill @ Badger 5 does these all the time...

Verify that the turbo you have is indeed a copy one first and log block 115 in VCDS... there is info in the stickies...
    IMPORTANT! - When posting asking for help... - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING (UPDATED)

<tuffty/>

silver sleeper

Status
    ok great, i'll log that first. cheers all update soon.

silver sleeper

Status
    bit of an update, spoke to badger 5 today and he gave me some pointers....
    1. hard wire the n75 straight to the actuator to completely eliminate that.
    done this and no change, still getting boost creep from 4000rpm
    2. connect a foot pump to the actuator to see if it holds pressure.
    done this by cutting a tyre valve up and slipping it into my silicone hose that goes to the actuator, pumped her up and watched the arm fully extend, held solid at 2 bar, no pressure drop.

badger 5 said he's sure if these tests ended as they have and it is a copy ko4 then it is the hotside that needs porting... he quoted me 45 quid plus vat which isnt too bad at all!

just getting the damd thing of now i assume!?

so would logging that block make any difference now tuffty, i will if you think so? does anyone else have any opinions on something else it could be?

silver sleeper

Status
    correction number 1 is hard wire the actuator to the charge pipe!-) lol....

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    bit of an update, spoke to badger 5 today and he gave me some pointers....
    1. hard wire the n75 straight to the actuator to completely eliminate that.
    done this and no change, still getting boost creep from 4000rpm
    2. connect a foot pump to the actuator to see if it holds pressure.
    done this by cutting a tyre valve up and slipping it into my silicone hose that goes to the actuator, pumped her up and watched the arm fully extend, held solid at 2 bar, no pressure drop.

badger 5 said he's sure if these tests ended as they have and it is a copy ko4 then it is the hotside that needs porting... he quoted me 45 quid plus vat which isnt too bad at all!

just getting the damd thing of now i assume!?

so would logging that block make any difference now tuffty, i will if you think so? does anyone else have any opinions on something else it could be?
    Logging would confirm actual boost is exceeding requested boost but then we already know this as you have hard piped the boost to the actuator as Bill suggested so tbh its get yer hands dirty time... not the most fun job in the world on an S3...

<tuffty/>

silver sleeper

Status
    yay!-) lol! cheers tuffty.

one more quick one, just had a read of the n249 bypass thread in the stickys, already done on my car but my car is done differently?

the t piece on mine goes dv to n112 to inlet mani on the left underneath, sae then also goes to the inlet mani underneath on the left into a second feed, the remaining outlet on the n112 has a short piece of pipe blanked of with a nut??? is this just another way of doing it?

silver sleeper

Status
    anyone got any helpful tips on turbo removal?

silver sleeper

Status
    tempted by this... what would this do to my car? apart from prob blow it up lol!!!

AUDI A3 S3 1.8T 20V T3 TURBO MANIFOLD + WASTEGATE + TURBOCHARGER | eBay

2nd Gear

Status
    tempted by this... what would this do to my car? apart from prob blow it up lol!!!

more problems!!!!!!you pay for what you get mate unfortunately manifold will last a month tops!
    Audi s3 8l 2003 silver,brembo brakes,custom front mount intercooler,forged rods,acl race bearings,3inch tip,forge 007p green spring 1 shim,5mm hubcentric spacers,pipewerx 3inch down pipe/200cell race cat,2.75 miltek back non resonated,new piston rings,n249delete,pcv venting too atmosphere,neuspeed quick shifter,uprated clutch/pressure plate...large port agu head,inline fuel pump

work left/relentless v3 manifold/wmi/blue haldex/antilag/launch controll/custom map!!!!!

Badger 5 Edition

Status

You will more than just that tbh... injectors, custom downpipe, custom coolant and oil lines, full custom mapping, FMIC, rods at the very least...

This type of turbo has been used in the past and does produce power (no exact figures as it is always subject to other mods and dyno lottery) but as said from a reliability point of view its an unknown...

This is the same setup forum favourite Welly had bought for his A3 track car project but I know he has not done anything with it as yet... was going to be a forum first... I think Reesy is running a 'similar' turbo at the moment...

<tuffty/>

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    You will more than just that tbh... injectors, custom downpipe, custom coolant and oil lines, full custom mapping, FMIC, rods at the very least...

This type of turbo has been used in the past and does produce power (no exact figures as it is always subject to other mods and dyno lottery) but as said from a reliability point of view its an unknown...

This is the same setup forum favourite Welly had bought for his A3 track car project but I know he has not done anything with it as yet... was going to be a forum first... I think Reesy is running a 'similar' turbo at the moment...

<tuffty/>
    well I fitted this kit too my mates a3 last week previously mine, has forged rods ect ill keep you updated hopefully he goes too bill for the mapping and well see what they can doo!!

and he payed 300 now the kit is 800 pounds!!!!!they say they have none left and this is why price has increased pmsl!!!

silver sleeper

Status
    lol... i think i'll just go westys route and try for the best out a ko4 for now then... be happy with mid 13 sec quarters for a while i think...

right heres my plan over the next few weeks advise please people tell me if these are ****e, and maybe offer alternative affordable opyions???...

1. This stainless manifold if its worth it????? will it crack in a month???
    AUDI A3 TT S3 LEON 1.8T APY AMK BAM AUL APX VW TT S3 Quattro Race Manifold K04 | eBay

2. this downpipe and cat
    Audi VW TT S3 Quattro GTi 3" Downpipe with 200 cell Sport Cat MK1 1.8T | eBay

3. prob a milltec resonated system

4. send my turbo to badger 5

5. check compression and service for piece of mind

6. fit full silicone turbo hoses

7. get a stage 2 revo or amd map...

sound like a plan??

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Get a badger 5 80mm TIP too (and a map from Bill or R-Tech)

<tuffty/>

2nd Gear

Status
    lol... i think i'll just go westys route and try for the best out a ko4 for now then... be happy with mid 13 sec quarters for a while i think...

right heres my plan over the next few weeks advise please people tell me if these are ****e, and maybe offer alternative affordable opyions???...

1. This stainless manifold if its worth it????? will it crack in a month???
    AUDI A3 TT S3 LEON 1.8T APY AMK BAM AUL APX VW TT S3 Quattro Race Manifold K04 | eBay

2. this downpipe and cat
    Audi VW TT S3 Quattro GTi 3" Downpipe with 200 cell Sport Cat MK1 1.8T | eBay

3. prob a milltec resonated system

4. send my turbo to badger 5

5. check compression and service for piece of mind

6. fit full silicone turbo hoses

7. get a stage 2 revo or amd map...

sound like a plan??
    i think that's the v2 you want version 3 relentless manifold!!!
    Or I'd go jbs cast!!!!but send it off too bill before fitting if jbs!

silver sleeper

Status
    oh my days, just had the s3 up on the ramps assuming access would be better from below???? getting that turbo of is gonna be a nightmare!!! where to start??
    does that down pipe even come out without droping the subframe?
    cant even see the oil and water feeds!

guessing charge pipe off
    water oil feeds
    actuator hose and sensor... lol
    turbo off
    manifold off
    downpipe cut up to get it out??

all back on with shine'y stainless bits and ported chinese turbo jobs a goodun???

had a look at that aircon or powersteering (i assume) pump metal piping, whats that doing! lol weaving to every part of the engine before going back to the rear!!!??? lol...

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by darren t View Post
    No dont
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

silver sleeper

Status
    i think that's the v2 you want version 3 relentless manifold!!!
    is the version 2 no good? its a good price at 239 squid???

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    TBH if fitting the Relentless tubular manifold I think you would be better off taking the head off... access is rubbish

<tuffty/>

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    No dont
    why bill??

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    why bill??
    because I wont touch it.

I have a high flow k04 manifold ready for testing now
    just waiting on hybrid turbo to be completed and lupo will be test mule for k04 hybrid

once proven... if it works, we will have a k04 manifold option for folks to consider
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    because I wont touch it.

I have a high flow k04 manifold ready for testing now
    just waiting on hybrid turbo to be completed and lupo will be test mule for k04 hybrid

once proven... if it works, we will have a k04 manifold option for folks to consider
    well that's good too know is it a tubular manifold??

silver sleeper

Status
    hey bill, im the guy who's been badgering you on the phone about porting my chinese turbo today... guessing it was you anyhow?

darren, whats wrong with the v2 then??

silver sleeper

Status
    also, will my xenon bulbs ect work with these? i know i'll have to cut the wings, read the sticky...
    AUDI A3 8L 00-03 HEADLAMPS HEADLIGHTS PAIR BRAND NEW | eBay

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    also, will my xenon bulbs ect work with these? i know i'll have to cut the wings, read the sticky...
    AUDI A3 8L 00-03 HEADLAMPS HEADLIGHTS PAIR BRAND NEW | eBay
    Nope... after market ones are needed for those....

<tuffty/>

silver sleeper

Status
    what will i need to make these work, got the wire connector convertors watched in my ebay? do i need other stuff, my xenons are yellow and had a bad attempt at repairing by.... someone... lol.

2nd Gear

Status
    hey bill, im the guy who's been badgering you on the phone about porting my chinese turbo today... guessing it was you anyhow?

darren, whats wrong with the v2 then??
    there known too crack v3 has better metal and purge welded or somthing and Easyer too fit but as tuffty said v3 is a nightmare aswell taking turbo off,
    cut down pipe take it out up top! Lower gearbox on jack as far as you can disconnect gear selector cables and tuck em out the way I believe it or not can get mine off in about an hour!i do have a 3 inch already fitted makes it slot Easyer too fit down pipe you will need too lower subframe too change down pipe though!

4th Gear

Status
    if you look in the classifieds mate, there is a genuie s3 refurbed turbo and v3 relentless manifold.
    V2 is a b itch to fit with the head on.
    i know because i did it

silver sleeper

Status
    cheers mate

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast