S3 Value

spiker

trying to growl less these days
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Considering flogging the S3 - ( doint too many miles on the M4) any idea on a price range for mine - I dont have a price guide - can anyone advise

2000 S3 210 100,000 miles - full service - well maintained and in great condition - Silver - AMD Stage 1 remap - otherwise original

Thanks

You may not want to hear this but I would say in todays market around £11500 to £12000 due to the miles for a private sale. A dealer would maybe offer £10250 to £11000 at a push depending what your are trading in for or if it's a trade buy.
All just my opinion and others may be better informed.

Kev

I would honestly say it would be less than that... possibly nearer £10k.

I sold mine in July 51 reg 210 bhp with ally mirrors Bose and black metallic 45,000. Got £12,500.

At that age and mileage can't see you getting above £10,000

if its a facelift 2000, might fluke 10k, if its V/W reg I reckon nearer 9k
looking at autotrader, i dont think in a million years youd be able to get 12k!

Everyone on here seems to moaning about not being able to sell them at the minute though

agreed with paul... having been searching for a good S3 for a while now...

Glass Guide values

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: £8470
Average condition: £7530
Below average condition: £6560

+ £1000 for private sale?

Hi Mate,

Your totally gazing if your looking at 10k, i have a 2001, all the toys, 45k on the clock, and ive been tryin to sell for 2 months now, not a peep!!!! I willing to let mine for for about 12500!!!!

Best of luck mate, your gonna need it!!!

Do Glass' Guide give all those different values ? For some reason I had it in my mind that they only give trade/retail values.

Chris.

They give you retail price (dealer forecourt), then 3 trade in prices excellent, average & below average.

Well I have to admit I think I would be suprised to get any more than 10000 for it - to be honest I think perhaps 8000-9000 for a private sale may be possible.

Thanks for everyones feedback - I think I am going to sit tight and then maybe p/x it next year

She will be sorely missed when I sell her and without meaning to swear I think I might look at a diesel next simply because of the mileage and economy because of the distances I will be travelling

Anyone recommend a good diesel ?

I've got a five door A3 130 bhp sport (non quattro and I think it's a great little car

It'll do around 520 - 550 to a tank which I think is pretty good although it all depends on how you drive it

I guess it will depend on what you need it for but if you've already got the S3, odds are a A3 TDI would tick most of the boxes for you.

hope it helps

Mike

I think my choices are either the A4 tdi or golf tdi

Thanks for all your comments