Defcon Bush Inserts

ReDBull

Reaction score
I thinking of buying the above. Has anyone fitted them? Are they easy to fit and are they a worth while mod?

Well I've ordered a set of these. From what I've read you stick the wishbones in the oven and the inserts in the freezer and press them together?

thats just a method of getting them in, you could use a press. Also the s3 has 2 different diameter bushes for the same hole all depends on the year

Drill 2 small holes and weld them in, trust me.

Also mattyboy, the whole point of the defcons is to reducde the front wishbone bush down to 30mm, rather than the common 45mm. Just remember that redbull, youll need 30mm bushes.

I've ordered the powerflex bushes for them and superpro castor bushes for the rear. Have you got a photo of he drilling and welding?

Redbull have you got a link to the superpro caster rear bushes please dude?

Ill try and dig them out if i have any mate, was a while ago i did them though.

Everything has arrived today for fitting into the wisbones this weekend along with new ball joints.
null_zps3c8c5fcf.jpg

null_zpse6e03559.jpg

null_zps7446c883.jpg

Then next week they're being fitted to my car along with this lot and a blue flame 3" DP and de cat!
034 motorsport solid subframe bushes bought from Eddie (HEKTOR)
CBF0451A-DDFD-4FEB-ADAE-81CAC6A433CF-74-0000000300E01192_zps438c1859.jpg

Steering rack and rear axle bushes.
null_zps51b52124.jpg

Oh and a Nuspeed 25mm front ARB. To say I'm a little excited is an under statement!!!

If anyone's interested I got the bushes and inserts fitted.
null_zps42169239.jpg

null_zps07ebe55d.jpg

null_zps209340ec.jpg

Then yesterday that where fitted.
null_zps8f0d4454.jpg

I have to say a huge thank you to Andy and Pat from LVS Racing!!! They both went above and beyond what I expected in therms of customer service and quality of work. To find some where with such a high standard of work but also that will give honest advise and not rip you off is a godsend! Thankfully they're local to me as well which is a bonus.

First up Andy fitted a Blueflame 3"DP he had left over from a previous project. As they had used the sports cat he fabricated a de cat section for me. Originally he planned to remove the flanges and weld V bands in there place. However in case I want to swap the cat back at some point he left the flanges on but added V bands either side of the to make changing to a sports cat nice and easy.
null_zpsf5f20e0e.jpg

null_zps5e9be22c.jpg

On to the suspension and what a difference it's made. I had the Nuespeed 25mm front ARB, wishbones, steering rack poly bush and new ball joints fitted. Andy then did a fast road alignment set up. He found that with the caster increase bushes fitted he had to remove the tow in that he usually adds as the car was fidgety and followed the camber in the road to much. So at least that means they're doing what they supposed to! He also added 1.1 deg of negative camber to the front.
I haven't driven the car far yet but I went home on the back roads which I know well. The exhaust is louder but doesn't drone and isn't to bad on part throttle. It's made a hell of a difference though. Spool up is much quicker as you'd guess but my car feels a fair bit faster. You can feel it breathing easier.
After his initial test drive Andy asked what map I had on it and was surprised when I told him it was standard. It looks like all my hours of reading and asking stupid question on forums is paying off. I really want a large port head know to get the most of the increased flow!
The bushes in the wishbones that came off where in very poor condition. So there's no surprise that the new wishbones have made quite a difference. With havering so much fitted at once it's difficult to say for sure which parts are doing what. In a straight line and with small steering inputs the steering is nice and weighted. When you turn in its very sharp and caught me out how fast it responds. I'm going to need a big of time in the car to get used to the changes as it feels so different. I was concerned that the front ARB would induce so under steer but not a chance:D!
I'm going to have to find some time this weekend for a long test drive.

On a side not I also had a little drive of the LVSR demo car. It's a Audi 2.0t Quattro with a K04 running REVO stage two. Which was good fun but the VW Racing brakes and SMF paddle clutch took a bit of getting used to. Amongst other projects in the work shop was an old curtesy that's being turned into a track car.
null_zpsc5d6bbdf.jpg

null_zpsd62b3adc.jpg

null_zps7f7c795c.jpg

It was a 1.4 know has a forged engine with GT28RS(I think!?), tubular manifold, externally gated, big brake and full cage. Andy plans to add aero as well so I may well have to watch his progress and pick his brains!

Roll on the track day!!!:funk:

Last edited: