Help ticking noise fuel rail not charcoal canister

Snash7

Reaction score
Evening all
As title says i have got a slight problem with a ticking noise it is really loud i first thougt it was coming from inside the car untill i went outside had a look and it is coming from my fuel rail and not my charcoal canister which i know ticks. The ar struggles to start since this ticking noise has come earlier today.

Has anyone ever experienced this and could give me an idea what is wrong or what to do i will give it a scan on vagcom in the morning to seenif anything comes up

Thanks grant

Oooh really pal bad times. Ive searched everywhere but cant find anything about this its just started today but since it has started the car struggles to start :( bad times man

Hope you get to the bottom of it and get it sorted, ill look into my rattle in due course, like you said plug it in to vag com see if anything comes up

That was exactly what i was thinking not enough fuel going through the system hense why its not atarting.

Does anyone know how or if i an check it

Thanks grant

I would unclip the Fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail, and make sure its not blocked by disintegrating fuel line first..
Bill had a pic showing one blocked once..

Cheers for that dave i think it hasnt been replaced or even the hose from the fpr. Do i just take out the hose and the clip from it
Thanks grant

The clicking sound you can hear is your tb trying to reset.
its because your wiring to the tb on the side is loose, unclipped or corroded.
i had this problem and drove me insane.
if you take your inlet pipe off you will see the butterfly going nuts.

Where do i start then just take off the inlet pipe straight to my tb. Do i need to do a tb reset on an agu ?
Thanks grant

the problem is your wiring.
yes you can take the hose off your tb(the one from the intercooler) to check to see if the butterfly is the clicking noise

Ok ill take that off in the morning is there anything i should look out for inside the tb once i take the hose off

Thanks grant

nope.
If the butterfly is clicking try moving the connector on the tb to try and stop it clicking

I tried moving it i took the hose to the tb off thats fine cant seem to find the problem.

Ive also taken off the fpr and now cant get the horse looking clip back in as the fpr doesnt want to go all the way down any advice thank you

Ok i will try again. To take an injector out dont i have to take the rail out as well
thanks

Right ...
Got the rac out to have a look he first said its flooded as he thought he could smell alot of fuel. He then managed to start it with a jump pack after giving the starter motor a beating.

He plugged it in to his laptop and the ect sensor come up as a fault so i will change that tomorrow but could the ect make the car not start and also every time the ticking noise comes the fuel pump primes can it cause so many problems.
Thanks grant