turbo codes

harris91

Reaction score
do turbos for 1.8t fit the same engine aslong as engine code is the same or is there couple different versions for each engine code?

In context of 8L chassis there are four basic turbos... K03 and K03s on the A3's and two flavours of K04 for the S3... the K03s is a more capable turbo than the K03 but the only realistic difference between K04's is the EGT probe boss for turbo's used on the wideband AMK/BAM engine codes..

VAG used these turbo's across the whole Mk4 chassis range too, SEAT's, Skoda's, VW's etc...

The inline 1.8t 20v (A4's, Passats etc) had different variations of the the K03 turbo and a 'K04' which isn't like the K04 on the transverse engines..

The K03's are transferable across any transverse engine using a K03 but most people try to upgrade to the K03s anyway... You can use a K04 from an AMK/BAM on an APY S3 by plugging the EGT bung but you can't use a K04 from an APY without at least changing the hotside or having a 'bung' welded onto the hotside for the EGT probe..

<tuffty/>

There is a few different turbos used in the 1.8t. What you going from, to?
Well I'm just getting another ko3s which is what's all ready on there , will any k03s fit ? Or does it have to have same engine code ?

Sorry to high jack the thread but can you please tell me the code for the ko3s turbo? As I'm looking at some on eBay and I'm not to shaw if its the right one I'm buying cheers in advance Karl

dont buy a new turbo off ebay, they are probably chinese copys and need porting.... like mine was! if its second hand you still need to be sure its genuine...

Thanks for the heads up, just not sure on buying secondhand one as you don't know the history etc!! Guess its the chance I have to take..