Badger5EM Tuning

Thread: turbo codes

Reverse Gear

Status

turbo codes

do turbos for 1.8t fit the same engine aslong as engine code is the same or is there couple different versions for each engine code?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    There is a few different turbos used in the 1.8t. What you going from, to?
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    In context of 8L chassis there are four basic turbos... K03 and K03s on the A3's and two flavours of K04 for the S3... the K03s is a more capable turbo than the K03 but the only realistic difference between K04's is the EGT probe boss for turbo's used on the wideband AMK/BAM engine codes..

VAG used these turbo's across the whole Mk4 chassis range too, SEAT's, Skoda's, VW's etc...

The inline 1.8t 20v (A4's, Passats etc) had different variations of the the K03 turbo and a 'K04' which isn't like the K04 on the transverse engines..

The K03's are transferable across any transverse engine using a K03 but most people try to upgrade to the K03s anyway... You can use a K04 from an AMK/BAM on an APY S3 by plugging the EGT bung but you can't use a K04 from an APY without at least changing the hotside or having a 'bung' welded onto the hotside for the EGT probe..

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex182 View Post
    There is a few different turbos used in the 1.8t. What you going from, to?
    Well I'm just getting another ko3s which is what's all ready on there , will any k03s fit ? Or does it have to have same engine code ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry to high jack the thread but can you please tell me the code for the ko3s turbo? As I'm looking at some on eBay and I'm not to shaw if its the right one I'm buying cheers in advance Karl

silver sleeper

Status
    dont buy a new turbo off ebay, they are probably chinese copys and need porting.... like mine was! if its second hand you still need to be sure its genuine...
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the heads up, just not sure on buying secondhand one as you don't know the history etc!! Guess its the chance I have to take..