A3 rear bumper removal? how??

vrooooom

Reaction score
Hi

Does anybody know how to remove the rear bumper on the A3? I've found most of the screws, but i'm not sure what needs removing to get to the rest.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers
g

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

Does anybody know how to remove the rear bumper on the A3? I've found most of the screws, but i'm not sure what needs removing to get to the rest.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers
g

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of screws in the rear arch, under the bumpe at the abck there are 2 screws, and then open the boot lid, and the lip need unscrewing from the sides inside the boot lip by the headlight housings (one torx head screw each side) then the black panel that runs the length of the boot lipe need pulling up, there there are about 6 more torx screws holding a metal bar and the bumper down.

Rich

Cheers thought that was it, so you don't have to remove the plastic below the rear lights then??

Any ideas how to stick the black strip back down once it's off, as it seems to be glued to the top of the bumper. I'm assuming any sort of silicone adesive (as long as it don't eat the plastic) will do, or is it best to go to the dealers and get the proper sticky stuff??

Mine didnt really come off the bumper...did at the ends a little but i didnt worry about it! It stickls itself back down after

Rich

Reactions: scott_johnson