AH FabricationsVolks Autos

Thread: What clutch?

Reverse Gear

Status

What clutch?

Hi the clutch in my car has started to slip (well i'm guessing its that) when in forth and i plant my foot down at around the 4k revs it starts to slip. My question is what clutch should i go for (STANDARD or AFTERMARKET) and is it worth replacing anything else while the gearbox is off? the car is only a stage 1 revo remap on a BAM S3.

Thanks all,

Hardeep.

2. # ADS
    ADS

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    It's totally up to you with what clutch you go for but it all depends on how much you have to play with and where you want your car to end up power wise.

LUK/Sachs clutches can start at around £150ish just for the clutch but then depending on how old your dual mass flywheel is then it maybe worth replacing as well...

Then there is the option to change to a single mass flywheel- but you do lose the OEM feel (not that there is much feel of the clutch with a DMF IMO)

Like I said - it's totally up to you and depends on your budget and where you want the car to end up power wise. There have been numerous threads started in the past few weeks about S3 clutches- so my advice would be to use the search bar as just about every question possible has been asked about changing/upgrading and buying them! lol
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Reverse Gear

Status
    yep good point, i'm not going to increase the power anymore then the stage1 from revo

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Hi mate. If your stating stage 1 then standard clutch is fine. If your like me, wanting more power then id go for the TufftyClutch which Is a Sachs 4 paddle clutch with std pressure plate and flywheel. But the oem clutch is fine up to 300bhp tbh (depending on the way you drive)
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    I've just bought a stage 1 Sachs carbon kevlar clutch and dmf.

Reverse Gear

Status
    my car has only covered 45k and doesnt have any symptoms other then slipping therefore i think it would be over kill to replace a £450 part i.e the dmf, does that seem fair or should i just replace the dmf as well?

which clutch out of these would be good for a staged 1 revo mapped s3?

Sachs | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

LUK Audi | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Thanks all.

Reverse Gear

Status
    bump really need to get this sorted before it gets worse.

does anyone know what make the standard clutch is? and if the same clutch can be bought from euro's or GSF

Thanks.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Pretty sure LUK is the standard clutch and yes you can buy it from Euro car parts....they usually have some sort of discount on them as well.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

2nd Gear

Status
    I just got my clutch changed as the slave cylinder went so figured get it done while that was getting replaced, they put in the LUK clutch and flywheel kit and i got the old parts off the garage to see what the wear on it all was like and they were all LUK parts that came out and they had an audi part number stamped on them.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    LUK is the supplier of OEM clutch equipment for Audi.

You can get the exact same kit from Euro Car Parts at a fraction of the price from Audi. The only difference is that they wont have an Audi stamp on them.